COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but some will be getting ill as you know first hand only too well. Age is statistically protective but not a vaccine. They may have an underlying condition they are unaware of that tips the balance.

Perhaps some of the younger people who have been ill and suffered horribly like you have Kaz can get together and send out social media messages about what the invulnerable believe cannot possibly happen to them.

Any people it makes think twice would be a step in the right direction.

Sadly there is little we can do to stop the ones whose only underlying conditions are thick head syndrome and cloth ears.

How old do you think kaz is? I don't know her age but I'd guess she isn't generally described as young (no offence @kaz7)

You can have the patronising tone all you want, it doesn't add any weight to your view. I'm well aware of the impact the isolation is having as I've been trying to support friends/family who are shielding through it. What is overlooked in my view is the alternative side which is the impact of throwing away all of those sacrifices by opening everything up so people can have a jolly up, which to me is not proportionate to everything we've tried to achieve in the prior 4 months.

The definition of the establishment is irrelevant, it is the nature of the people attending the premises that is the overriding issue and weakness in the application of the rules.

A proportionate response is subjective, and it's why you and I have different views. Some semblance of normality can resume, my contention is that opening pubs isn't part of that solution, presents more dangers than benefits and is putting too many innocent people at risk. There were many measures that could have been implemented to make it a safer practice, but as demonstrated even the most basic measures fall on deaf ears because of the nature of a significant proportion of the people who want the pubs open to start with. That's been demonstrated thus far.

For me, the priority for having a semblance of normal is getting things like schools open, not pubs which are leisure when there are other measures such as parks and open spaces that are safer which cover the social interaction issues. If the answer is "I need alcohol in a social interaction to function", there are more pressing and difficult questions to ask than "when can we open the pubs?".
Why is opening pubs putting ‘innocent’ people at risk? Take some personal responsibility and accept that if you don’t go out socially, only shop wearing a mask and ensure you socially distance whilst out you are at no risk.

How old do you think kaz is? I don't know her age but I'd guess she isn't generally described as young (no offence @kaz7)

From her posts I think she is young enough not to be in an age related shielding group. But underlying conditions are not age related. That's really the point and from what Kaz said when she had the virus that is what happened to her.

But apologies if I under aged you, Kaz. Not something that would ever bother me. Though most unlikely to happen.

Another 1,700 jobs going, this time at DW Gyms. How many more people are going to lose their livelihoods which could lead to a greater loss of lives for a disease that has killed 45,000 (of which a high % were already ill) out of 69m in 5 months officially and another 5 months on top of that unofficially?

I've said from the beginning that the "response" to what is a disease that actually kills very few people, has been utterly disproportionate and head scratching.

It's not like its blowing away 100s of 1000s of people every week or ravaging large swathes of the country.

I've said from the beginning that the "response" to what is a disease that actually kills very few people, has been utterly disproportionate and head scratching.

It's not like its blowing away 100s of 1000s of people every week or ravaging large swathes of the country.

If you look back a short while. Only a couple of months in fact. It was doing just that. Killing 1000s through the 100s to where we are now. Its still killing 1000s a day in parts of the world. What do you think stopped those large numbers ?? A big Mac and a trip to the gym ?? My god we are in trouble if that's the general thought

Why is opening pubs putting ‘innocent’ people at risk? Take some personal responsibility and accept that if you don’t go out socially, only shop wearing a mask and ensure you socially distance whilst out you are at no risk.
That's not remotely true. Socially distancing and face masks aren't magic forcefields that make you immune to the virus, they simply make it less likely. If more people you come into contact with have the virus, your chances of catching it increase as well, that's common sense.

Also, it's particularly shitty for people who work in shops who have to serve these people, who have the people walk past them whilst they stack shelves etc, not to mention the poor bar staff in the pubs or the other people the pub goers work with. It's not nearly as simple as you seem to want it to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.