Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over hyped.
A decent player but very few wingers stand the test of time in England, Hudson odoi being the latest superstar.
I haven't seen Sancho have a good game against any decent opposition yet and for over 100m! He ain't Ronaldo

heard they (utd) are offering a clear £400.000 a week WOW don't they ever learn
am not 100% on the tax rate for players but if your coming out with a clear £400.000 a week it must be over £500.000 before tax ??

so lets break this deal down and manchester city cut ? Dortmund want £100 million not euros ? united will pay it ? city cut is 20% sancho will bag a 5 year deal at nearly £2million a month for the first 3 years and then can sancho and his agent will bag another deal and improved wages, and a option for another one year extension when he can work a move to somebody else

so 5 years at £25million a year = £125million plus the fee of £100million = £225million ? crazy money for somebody so young not proven in england

He'll be the most creative attacking player for ManYoo, straight away. How that translates to collective play under Ole will likely be a work in progress.

No question he is talented but this will be his 4th team in 5 years - he has never established consistency anywhere, even being benched at times by Favre (Non injury related, btw)

They averaged 1.74 goals per match on 14 shots (Vast majority from the center and inside the 18 yard box). Bruno the highest assist man at 7 while City had 5 players with as many. Sancho should make a difference in that regard. A lot of the creation of space started on Marcus' left side so there will be much needed balance now + as I understand it Jadon & Rashford are longtime mates which should facilitate on pitch chemistry, in theory

Probably line up like this:

Rashford - Martial - Sancho
Pogba-Bruno-McTominay
Shaw-Maguire-Bailly-Wan-Bissaka
De Gea
United should score more & provide more attacking danger - we'll see how chemistry & leadership on the pitch develops because this will be something to watch how it evolves too

I wonder which grime MC they'll get to announce Sancho's return to Manchester. Will it be local lad Stormzy once again? Or maybe they'll dust off the piano for a duet with Alexis? How many dabs can we expect?

Whatever the case, I'm sure it will be tastefully done and by no means the peak of his time at the club.
Maybe they’ll go back to their roots and get ex Arsenal fan Pete Boyle on a table in the Bishop’s Blaize, performing like a chimpanzee for chump change from tourists

If this guy is any good he would still be at City, look at how Pep immediately dismisses City would be in for in. He’s seen something in him he doesn’t like. Where he is going for his next club tells us all we need to know, a flashy show pony who is there for the big wages, they’ve been stung like that before with Sanchez and Di Maria. Least it will keep the social media figures up and the noodle sponsors happy.
Wishful thinking through a sky blue filter. The reason he’s not still at City is he couldn’t see a career path in the short run. Nothing to do with talent. He and the Portuguese diver will give the rags a much sharper cutting edge (and even more penalties). They also move the scum further from the unimaginative style of 6 months ago.

He'll be the most creative attacking player for ManYoo, straight away. How that translates to collective play under Ole will likely be a work in progress.

No question he is talented but this will be his 4th team in 5 years - he has never established consistency anywhere, even being benched at times by Favre (Non injury related, btw)

They averaged 1.74 goals per match on 14 shots (Vast majority from the center and inside the 18 yard box). Bruno the highest assist man at 7 while City had 5 players with as many. Sancho should make a difference in that regard. A lot of the creation of space started on Marcus' left side so there will be much needed balance now + as I understand it Jadon & Rashford are longtime mates which should facilitate on pitch chemistry, in theory

Probably line up like this:

Rashford - Martial - Sancho
Pogba-Bruno-McTominay
Shaw-Maguire-Bailly-Wan-Bissaka
De Gea
United should score more & provide more attacking danger - we'll see how chemistry & leadership on the pitch develops because this will be something to watch how it evolves too

That front six on paper look as good as any in the League.

I say 'on paper' because realistically Pogba has been nothing short of awful in a United shirt so far - when he's actually been able to make it onto the pitch - but we all know there is a good player hiding in there somewhere.

But - man - that defence is fucking dire. Of the five at the back, the only one I'd rate on current form is Wan-Bissaka. One of the best right-backs in the League.

Shaw, Maguire and Bailly (again - when he's actually able to make it on the pitch), however, can be got at so easily by any player with a half decent sprint on them - and are clumsy and liable to give away countless opportunities in dangerous areas. And de Gea's form has fallen off a cliff - so much so, you wouldn't trust him to bail out the recklessly shaky defence in front of him as he has so often for United over the years.

That side essentially looks like a far more capable version of the kind of team Keegan made a career out of creating. If they score 5, we'll score 6 at the other end. Fun to watch, but they'll get found out against the better sides in Europe unless they sort that defence.

Last edited:
Agree @Nicholas van Whatsisface. Front 6 could be impressive but again, it all depends on chemistry - this only works great in video games, rare to stack talent and expect miracles

Funneling the ball up top can lead to lots of danger for opposing teams and Bruno at least is good in this regard. Pogba is an enigma but perhaps attention will be off him and he can try & focus on consistency. I think they remain vulnerable to transition attacks so how fluid they are will reveal whether they can make the best use of that sort of attack

Plus, if the reported weekly wages (North of 350k) are accurate, this too will cause issues in the squad

Chelsea look stronger and Arteta has Gunners improved, should provide more competitive football in the Premiership

Look at that fucking back 5 for United. That defence wouldn’t even be able to keep Norwich out of the net. Not to mention their attacking players aren’t known to keep possession, which will result in a lot of counter attacks. I’d be more concerned if they sign someone like Koulibaly or Diego Carlos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.