Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be the most creative attacking player for ManYoo, straight away. How that translates to collective play under Ole will likely be a work in progress.

No question he is talented but this will be his 4th team in 5 years - he has never established consistency anywhere, even being benched at times by Favre (Non injury related, btw)

They averaged 1.74 goals per match on 14 shots (Vast majority from the center and inside the 18 yard box). Bruno the highest assist man at 7 while City had 5 players with as many. Sancho should make a difference in that regard. A lot of the creation of space started on Marcus' left side so there will be much needed balance now + as I understand it Jadon & Rashford are longtime mates which should facilitate on pitch chemistry, in theory

Probably line up like this:

Rashford - Martial - Sancho
Pogba-Bruno-McTominay
Shaw-Maguire-Bailly-Wan-Bissaka
De Gea
United should score more & provide more attacking danger - we'll see how chemistry & leadership on the pitch develops because this will be something to watch how it evolves too

You could make a case that United’s starting 11 is equal to/if not stronger than City’s, especially on paper.

It’s about time that Ole actually had some pressure put on him. United have the players and have spent the money to put up a title challenge.

Put it this way, If Pep was in charge of the current United side I reckon he’d win the league with them.

I think if you put Pep in a lot of teams, their outlook would be decidedly improved

I also think Pep would not be happy with the quality of his players on the ball, if he inherited the United squad. Bruno sure but Pep values midfielders and United are skint in this department

It's 250k according to Fabrizio Romano and the Guardian. Romano has been the most consistent over Sancho plus it fits with what Rashford currently earns. Pleased to get this done.

Welcome to how every City transfer gets reported mate!

I'm sure they're right on his basic, but with perfomance add-ons and all that caper, I'd imagine that's where the much higher figure is coming from.

Standard practice with United transfers is you only get the basic fee and basic wages reported, as per the Guardian, so this would be an anomaly admittedly.

Another lump on the club debt. They must have the 3 out of the top 4 highest premier league earners on their payroll (De Gea, Pogba and now Sancho - Ozil being the only exception) but of course, they earn all their money organically (cough !) so they can spend as much as they like. They media will report it as sound investment no doubt - even though they are giving Sanchez a £30-40 million pay off to rip up his contract. Sounds like we'll get £15million of the sell-on fee for Sancho.

Yeah, as much as it pains me to say it, they are building a very talented side. Pogba, Fernandes, Martial, Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood will score a lot of goals next season and their defence has improved.

I still just can't see them as a genuine title contender under Solskjaer, especially whilst Guardiola and Klopp are still in the Premier League.

Agree with this. That line up with a decent centre back alongside Maguire would have a shot. But with Guardiola an Klopp in the league I think 2nd is the best they can hope for. If they got Poch... I'd be worried.

It also shows up how far Mourinho has fallen, can't say they got a lot of things right in the last 7/8 years but sacking him was it. If they had of backed him again in the transfer market they would of been fucked.

I would be more worried if they got Simeone or even Conte, Mancini (he wouldn't accept the job) or Ancelotti for the short term. Not Pochettino.

I would be more worried if they got Simeone or even Conte or Ancelotti for the short term. Not Pochettino.

Simeone with Pogba and Shaw. Jesus that would be value for money. You could sell tickets to watch them train. May be the first case of manager breaking his players legs so he doesn't have to play them.

Simeone with Pogba and Shaw. Jesus that would be value for money. You could sell tickets to watch them train. May be the first case of manager breaking his players legs so he doesn't have to play them.

He will win them the trophies and look what Atletico Madrid did to the supposedly best side in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.