Kalidou Koulibaly

We let in two more than their brilliant defence

The problem isn't the amount, it's when we conceded. Liverpool conceded 7 goals against us and Chelsea and got 3 points, if we concede 7, we've probably dropped 9 points. We don't have the same ability as last season to just hold onto a result, the Wolves and Newcastle games a prime example.

The problem isn't the amount, it's when we conceded. Liverpool conceded 7 goals against us and Chelsea and got 3 points, if we concede 7, we've probably dropped 9 points. We don't have the same ability as last season to just hold onto a result, the Wolves and Newcastle games a prime example.

That is down us not taking our chances which isn't a new occurance, regardless of who is in charge. Even with our patched up defence we aren't a million miles away.

Last edited:
That is down us not taking our chances which isn't a new occurance, regardless of who is in charge. Even with our patched up defence we aren't a million miles away.

There is an issue in us taking our chances but in tight games, we can't hold onto leads. I remember seeing that when Liverpool are 1-0 up, they won 14 games in a row. I don't know if Koulibaly is the answer but he's surely a better proposition than Stones or Otamendi.

There is an issue in us taking our chances but in tight games, we can't hold onto leads. I remember seeing that when Liverpool are 1-0 up, they won 14 games in a row. I don't know if Koulibaly is the answer but he's surely a better proposition than Stones or Otamendi.

They had a helping hand in a few games to get themselves out of the shit in the 1-0 wins. Watford showed how vunerable they are, and weren't too clever in their Champions League games.

Last edited:
They had a helping hand in a few games to get themselves out of the shit in the 1-0 wins. Watford showed how vunerable they are, and weren't too clever in their Champions League games.

It doesn't matter how they did it, they simply held on while we haven't this season. No one is saying their defence is perfect, but when it really mattered in those tight games, they did. That's a huge problem we face and Koulibaly can only help us.

lol so you think mangala had the same reputation as KK when joining us or accomplished as much and had so many top seasons under his belt. Also when everyone can make a negative conclusion based on one game yesterday and you are telling me we can't make the same for a positive performance.

You totally missed the point. Nobody compared their reputations. It's just more than odd that he's 29 and the only evidence posted here seems to be the same old Scouser video and another of 5 second compilations the like of which can make anyone into Paolo Maldini. Whereas even Mangala has 3 lights-out performances.

It doesn't matter how they did it, they simply held on while we haven't this season. No one is saying their defence is perfect, but when it really mattered in those tight games, they did. That's a huge problem we face and Koulibaly can only help us.

Hopefuly Koulibaly will fit the bill

that season is gone,we will be better from sept

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.