Blindspots

We already have a RB at the club who is entering his prime, can contribute more in attack and who knows? might be less prone to brain farts than Walker. Yes, Cancelo.

Cancelo is as bad or worse at defending, than Mendy & Garcia.

Mind you, Dias is very good at last ditch saving his arse when he does daft things for Portugal.

Yes, once we have a RB who can contribute in attack and a LB who can defend, and once Laporte regains form and Dias finds his feet in the league, THEN it will be dead easy to be very strong again. Actually, Laporte and Dias forming a good CB partnership will be probably enough for us to be up there with Liverpool or maybe even better. But until then fans will write tons of posts about Rodri, Gundogan and Jesus not being good enough.
We will be constantly exposed to counter-attacking sides until we get a player who can cover and match runners. Fernandinho used to do that. Most runners were taken out.

Cb,lb,rb have to much of the ball at present. The build up play is crap and we get taken apart with 2-3 passes. The transition from the back to forward is awful and the forwards can’t control the ball or make simple passes. No space in behind as we don’t run the line anymore. The system is a mess. Wrong players also in system does not help.
We needed the second before they scored. The upshot of not scoring is that we can be picked off, and Albert Touch'nTumble Steptoe can have goals gifted to him by any defence and any ref!. I shall await the fixture Dippers v Foxes and see what transpires in the Dipper area. I hope The Bottler gets the game to make it more of a comparison. But I would bet PiGMOL would send Mike Dean or Jonny Lard.

Cancelo is as bad or worse at defending, than Mendy & Garcia.

Mind you, Dias is very good at last ditch saving his arse when he does daft things for Portugal.
garcia would be good alongside a Harwood Bellis. Put him alongside a similar one-paced defender and a vardy will destroy them both. Speed or lack of it is a real issue in this City defence. We look like the side that Pep inherited. Walker can not save the day stuck on the right.

I'm exactly at the same point on all points. Jesus could score us some goals but he isn't and will never be Aguero. Aguero is and was unique. I cannot see Jesus overtaking Aguero's scoring record if Gabby stayed for twenty years.

I'm not talking about prime Kun but about his declining version. His goals against crap teams last season were papering over the cracks.

Jesus scored 21 goals in 18-19 and 23 goals in 19-20. How is he not breaking Kun's record if he stays in his prime and is 1st choice? He has 70 goals head start to Kun who arrived at 23.

Sergio was an exceptional striker but he never scored 35 goals in a season because he missed many games every season. Think Sterling scored more goals from open play last season than Sergio ever did.

With regards to point 3, I think most of our fanbase acknowledge that Rodri is a good player. It’s a question of whether he’s a good fit for our side though.

And Aguero will still be a better player than Jesus when he’s 40.

garcia would be good alongside a Harwood Bellis. Put him alongside a similar one-paced defender and a vardy will destroy them both. Speed or lack of it is a real issue in this City defence. We look like the side that Pep inherited. Walker can not save the day stuck on the right.

Garcia & THB together would get Messi relegated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.