Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Alternatively, an interpretation is that this is on the manager, since his tactics and personnel management are directly responsible for the players' attitude in this case!

While I'm inclined to agree with you since our form really cratered without Kompany, it's worth noting that we also used to play in a far more consistent system that utilized the whole squad and played to the player's strengths. Any player can be a leader in an environment like that, and that's what we saw in 17/18 and 18/19 imo.

Its not down to the manager he can't physically go out on the pitch.

Pablo Zabaleta or Vincent Kompany, the latter is a shrewd and intelligent man and has a business degree , he would not waste the valuable club time dealing with idiots like ADL or at the very least put them in their place.

The Barca influence of this club has to end and quickly, their time is over, the game has evolved and they have not.

Lack of experience in negotiating. They would get rinsed by the likes of De Laurentiis

People need to relax we only lost 1 game with many Injuries.

Relax and chill out
We lost 9 games last season. Don't want to be too much of a doom monger, but the thing that hasn't been addressed in the transfer market is our intensity. We need more players with energy like foden.

Mendy and Walker have to push forward to create width as we play inverted wingers to come inside. You can't really expect them to get back from that position and catch fast strikers like Vardy.

So we set up wrong then? As I said in a previous post, it was like 2016 all over with Pep thinking we can just pass, pass, pass, pass and run out easy winners. Only to find oh shit, they've broken on us and scored. Never mind just keep the ball and keep passing passing passing. Oh shit, they've broken on us and scored again. Never mind, pass, pass pass.

Only this time it was 5 times not the previous 4.

We lost 9 games last season. Don't want to be too much of a doom monger, but the thing that hasn't been addressed in the transfer market is our intensity. We need more players with energy like foden.

Too many changes and we will have a job in bedding them in. Chelsea are having that problem right now and as they haven't yet sorted out their goalkeeper issue

anyway, just an apology to Leicester fans for having to read the shit Rodri came out with yesterday. You were the better team, deserved to win and it's just denial on behalf of our squad who have a poor mentality these days. Congrats.

I have to disagree. Rodri was spot on about Leicester. They created 1 chance that came to a goal (their 2nd) and brought a bus with a prayer that it is their lucky day. We were the ones who capitulated. You can’t give away 3 penalties. That was absolutely pathetic from us and that could have happened against anyone.

I 100% agree mate.

However i dont see it happening this late in Pep tenure here.

He simply dosent know the meaning of pragmatism.

In my opinion his own ego has stopped him achieving true greatness, Champion League successes

I can think of 4,5,defining games in his time with us,where a bit of pragmatism and we would likely have seen different results.Monaco away in the Champions League.Even now i am still like how the fuck did we lose that tie over 2 Legs,a healthy home advantage,we go there and make it so easy for them.Then there is 3,4, Liverpool debacles.We go to Anfield and try and Boss them on their own Pitch,and are picked off.The first leg in that Champions League it was all but over by half time.So frustrating.We should have been hitting these teams on the counter,not them hitting us.It was suicide.

Pep can complain all he wants about teams have 11 players behind the Ball.

It has been proved over,and over,and over again,that this is the way to beat us.simple quick counter attacking football.Brenda was under no obligation to turn up drop his pants to be dry bummed.He did what was right,Out thought Pep at his own game.Pep can moan all he wants,he is paid shit loads of money to deal with it.

It is for Pep to have a Plan B.And yet Pep didnt even need a plan B,as you say all he had to do was change our style at 1-0 up,be a bit more pragmatic.,Yet Pep is seemingly incapable of that.

Sadly i dont see it changing this late in his time with us.

If he cant do it now with 9 players missing for all sorts of reasons,it is never going to happen.

He has given me 2 cracking seasons,domestic success,and breaking records.that will never be forgotten.He is a very good manager .

He is not truly great manager though,i dont see him ever winning the Champions League,his lack of pragmatism trips him up every time.

Same criticism was leveled at him at Bayern Munich.

I think this season is going to be reminiscent of Pellegrini long good bye.

Pep going through the motions,players going through the motions.And Pep hoping deep down to be back in Barcelona by Christmas

Hope to fuck i am wrong.

Wasnt just the defeat yesterday,we will lose games shit happens.It was the capitulation,the lack of effort.I have watched that game back.Garcia moving around like a Pensioner with a Zimmer frame,was that his way of saying "Fuck you" on news of Dias arrival.
Maybe the pragmatism went with Fernandinho, as that didn't exactly make us less vulnerable at the back or more potent up front.

View attachment 2978

Look at Garcia's position. If he steps out he has to close and close quick. If he takes few steps back and allow for Rodri to close, then hes cutting that pass into Vardy.

Kyle on the other hand is in the wrong position.

Absolutely right, Garcia should be out, attacking the ball early, as he should have been for the shot at the end. He's total shit & learning how to defend, at our expence. What a fantastic training session for him.

Walker, as usual, is looking at Garcia's problem, making the mistake of wondering if he has to intervene, like he's been doing since Garcia's first game in the League Cup last season. Laporte was doing exactly the same & fucking his own game up.

Vinny would have fucked him off out of the team, long ago.

Pep would point out though, that the whole attack stems from no 2nd challenge in midfield, because the unit was too deep in the first place.

That's the catch 22.

We were shit.
The defence was shit.
The tactics were naive considering the opposition.

But its one game.
I wonder if bayern fans are being equally as reactionary to their 4-1 loss yesterday.

Put a decent pairing of Laporte and Dias in, one of jesus or aguero up top and for gods sake a LB that can defend(!) and that game goes a completely different way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.