Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Did not get to see it, I was on my way back from Scotland. Listening to the 5 live commentary it sounded like a pre season game and we were basically playing at half speed. So for those who watched it, was it lack of effort, the formation, individuals etc..? Any idea why stones did not start?

There was one point in the game where Kev and I forget who must have passed it back and forth between them for a number of times and Leicester just sat parked. When we went 1-0 up should have done that for the rest of the half. They would have had to come out. With all the injuries should have sat on the 1-0 and been more pragmatic.
I 100% agree mate.

However i dont see it happening this late in Pep tenure here.

He simply dosent know the meaning of pragmatism.

In my opinion his own ego has stopped him achieving true greatness, Champion League successes

I can think of 4,5,defining games in his time with us,where a bit of pragmatism and we would likely have seen different results.Monaco away in the Champions League.Even now i am still like how the fuck did we lose that tie over 2 Legs,a healthy home advantage,we go there and make it so easy for them.Then there is 3,4, Liverpool debacles.We go to Anfield and try and Boss them on their own Pitch,and are picked off.The first leg in that Champions League it was all but over by half time.So frustrating.We should have been hitting these teams on the counter,not them hitting us.It was suicide.

Pep can complain all he wants about teams have 11 players behind the Ball.

It has been proved over,and over,and over again,that this is the way to beat us.simple quick counter attacking football.Brenda was under no obligation to turn up drop his pants to be dry bummed.He did what was right,Out thought Pep at his own game.Pep can moan all he wants,he is paid shit loads of money to deal with it.

It is for Pep to have a Plan B.And yet Pep didnt even need a plan B,as you say all he had to do was change our style at 1-0 up,be a bit more pragmatic.,Yet Pep is seemingly incapable of that.

Sadly i dont see it changing this late in his time with us.

If he cant do it now with 9 players missing for all sorts of reasons,it is never going to happen.

He has given me 2 cracking seasons,domestic success,and breaking records.that will never be forgotten.He is a very good manager .

He is not truly great manager though,i dont see him ever winning the Champions League,his lack of pragmatism trips him up every time.

Same criticism was leveled at him at Bayern Munich.

I think this season is going to be reminiscent of Pellegrini long good bye.

Pep going through the motions,players going through the motions.And Pep hoping deep down to be back in Barcelona by Christmas

Hope to fuck i am wrong.

Wasnt just the defeat yesterday,we will lose games shit happens.It was the capitulation,the lack of effort.I have watched that game back.Garcia moving around like a Pensioner with a Zimmer frame,was that his way of saying "Fuck you" on news of Dias arrival.

Well an ex-Blue has come out to defend us:

"Former Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin has been speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live this morning about his old club's defeat to Leicester yesterday.

"It’s disappointing, you don’t expect a side like Man City to concede five goals but I think Pep was right in what he said, there’s no need to panic, it’s only the beginning of the season," he said.

"They are aware of the lack of intensity they have defensively and they are trying to sort this out.

"The transfer market is not finished yet so we’ll have to wait and see how they’re going to react.""

Did not get to see it, I was on my way back from Scotland. Listening to the 5 live commentary it sounded like a pre season game and we were basically playing at half speed. So for those who watched it, was it lack of effort, the formation, individuals etc..? Any idea why stones did not start?
Scored a screamer, created fuck all after that.

Leicester sat back and waited, Fernandinho went off, they then tore through us and we gave away 3 penalties and conceded a screamer.

Stones injured apparently, with Dias coming in he has probably signed his own death certificate.

Leicester were always going to sit back and use Vardy on the counter. Obvious tactics but we had no idea what to do against it.

I still don't understand why our defence doesn't drop a little bit deeper against pacey forwards to nullify the chance of them getting in behind. It would make Rodri's role easier also. Yes we probably wouldnt be able to press the Leciester defence in the way we did but we would of still created enough chances im sure to at least not lose the game.
It is not like this style was Leicester secret weapon ffs.

It is how they play every fucking week.

Surely Pep has played Leicester enough times by now,and slipped up enough times to this style to figure out a formula ?

It was actually funny hearing Pep criticize Leicester style in the after match interview.Like it was the first time Leicester had ever played this way.

He worries me some times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.