COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the reality mate, that's the media. Yes there are people acting like fools but if you went to town on a Friday or Saturday night the experience will be nothing like the media is projecting. They want clicks and the public want to feel outraged so they keep feeding it. Can't believe people are actually feeling for it, as City fans we see how they write stories to manipulate our image yet we take it as gospel that what they are publishing around the virus is correct.
The media do exaggerate but the North West has been the worst for non-compliance since the start of the pandemic, including bouncy castle parties and raves.

Last edited:
What have China done differently to the rest of us? Yes they hide stuff and you can never take face value what they say, they have a population of 1.3 billion and they are ploughing on regardless now compared to where they were in January. We have a population of 66 million and the country is in a slow paralysis. If they were hiding infections and deaths it would eventually materialise there’s always dissenting voices in China that will let the outside world know.

Is it their prior knowledge of what to with sars in 2002. You look at Japan population of 128 million, double the U.K. and they have 90,000 cases confirmed whilst the U.K. is pushing past 600,000.

Do we look at the collective populations of these countries and their ability to conform to do what they are told (or carted off to a prison camp in China). Whilst in the U.K. our mentality is ‘I’m not doing that’.

On vaccines it’s thought that around 3 in China are lot closer to being approved than anything the west is producing. They’ve been injecting it into all military personnel since the summer, is it working and are they rolling it out to the wider population as lab rats so they can flog it to the world? I would imagine with politics in play the U.K. and US would be right at the back of the line for that.
I wouldn't underestimate the information coming out of China, their deaths are likely to be amongst the worst in the world and there are many anecdotal reports of countless unreported deaths. Initially they were no more successful than anyone else, they just hid it very well.

It clearly got that bad that they came down hard on local areas, often welding doors shut of communes to contain infections quite literally within buildings (imagine that for the students here!). That also means the people dying of COVID within them had no access to care and it is likely that many deaths weren't registered as COVID deaths.

China has been successful because China is an authoritarian country which prioritises the collective over anything else. If that means locking up millions in containment then they'll lock them up because the fact is it works exceptionally well (although is brutal).

Like you have said on vaccines, they will forgo known drug safeguards in order to get a vaccine and test them on willing military personnel because that's what they do. If several die as a result then so be it to save the rest.

That's the whole idea of a collective country and it's just a different culture that no-one in the western world can begin to understand or comprehend. Should we take on that culture, not a chance, but we have to accept that a consequence of freedom is pain, it always has been.

Plus the fact we aren’t all congregating in the streets in our thousands having parties because the pubs have closed and the vast majority have followed the rules regarding masks etc.
Spain is getting it right in a lot of instances but like you say, still doesn’t prevent certain areas from being locked down.
Every picture coming from the U.K. seems to be one of defiance against the rules and then people wonder why things are getting worse.
Can I just ask, my son is in Madrid and says there are no restrictions about having people in your house or visiting other peoples houses, apart from numbers. Is that correct. ?

Well the protest against the pub restrictions in our town went well. About 20 attended with the crowd being doubled by the police presence. The clips on facebook are hilarious. One girl can be heard shouting "don't film me, I'm supposed to be at home self isolating". Another one asks where Davie is as he said he would be there to which the reply was "he is in the pub".
The protest appeared to be a few of the landlords and some of our local bar flies.
They did make the local news where the organiser stated that the rules should not apply in a small rural area that has next to no cases at all. He should have maybe done his homework as according to the govt website we have had 256 in hospital in the last week and 2 deaths. Might not sound a lot but the population of our town is something like 7k.
Rather than loads of police they need the fire brigade with high pressure hoses on a nice cold night, preferably with a bright green dye which cannot be be removed until well after the incubation period ends.
Or put them in the stocks for a similar time.

I hard the lead Covid vaccine researcher at Bradford University explaining some of the complications with developing the vaccine on the radio this morning. They include:
- boosting the immune response sufficiently to defeat the virus for years (when acquiring the virus through herd immunity may only give 3 months protection.
- getting sufficient volunteers from vulnerable groups to test the virus eg only 7% of volunteers were from BAME communities.

They are still working on on their 12 month timetable for 3 phases of testing (they started in September) but they don’t control the timetable for regulatory approval and distribution.

The researched did say there was a great resource for screening volunteers that they were utilising and he sounded pretty upbeat. Other vaccines may become available before this one but I thought we were looking at next Autumn anyway.

Rather than loads of police they need the fire brigade with high pressure hoses on a nice cold night, preferably with a bright green dye which cannot be be removed until well after the incubation period ends.
Or put them in the stocks for a similar time.
Loads of Scousers going around looking like Robin Hood would be fun

I hard the lead Covid vaccine researcher at Bradford University explaining some of the complications with developing the vaccine on the radio this morning. They include:
- boosting the immune response sufficiently to defeat the virus for years (when acquiring the virus through herd immunity may only give 3 months protection.
- getting sufficient volunteers from vulnerable groups to test the virus eg only 7% of volunteers were from BAME communities.

They are still working on on their 12 month timetable for 3 phases of testing (they started in September) but they don’t control the timetable for regulatory approval and distribution.

The researched did say there was a great resource for screening volunteers that they were utilising and he sounded pretty upbeat. Other vaccines may become available before this one but I thought we were looking at next Autumn anyway.
sounds sensible and more re-assuring than "It'll be ready in March and still be in safe". Like hell it would.

I started a vaccine trial last week. I was told to expect to be on it for 13 months. It’s basically a huge injection of antibodies (or a placebo for 50% of us). Even if it only gives 12 months protection, it would be the same as the flu jab. They were still wanting volunteers especially from BAME community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.