#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah or he's started to resent watching others being toss week after week and not being held to the same standard.

Hopefully you're right but I wouldn't blame him.
That's a big part of the reason Sane left in my opinion. Pep singling him out & not others, when Sane was mint 9 times out of ten. Hopefully Foden doesn't get pissed off & leave. He us a blue at heart so less likely.
Bayern are the best club team in the world currently & have quality wingers. They chose Sane to improve them. Shows you what a high level player he was.
Hopefully Torres can step up as he looks very talented too

That's a big part of the reason Sane left in my opinion. Pep singling him out & not others, when Sane was mint 9 times out of ten. Hopefully Foden doesn't get pissed off & leave. He us a blue at heart so less likely.
Bayern are the best club team in the world currently & have quality wingers. They chose Sane to improve them. Shows you what a high level player he was.
Hopefully Torres can step up as he looks very talented too
Sane wasn't mint nine times out of ten but was hugely talented. I hope he becomes what we believed he could.

Having not watched the game,can I ask for those of you who don`t wear your sky blue tinted glasses,how well did young Phil do tonight.
Yes he scored two and his assist for the first are very impressive,but what about the rest of his play, more than happy ?

Having not watched the game,can I ask for those of you who don`t wear your sky blue tinted glasses,how well did young Phil do tonight.
Yes he scored two and his assist for the first are very impressive,but what about the rest of his play, more than happy ?
Are you asking that besides his two goals and one assist if he had a good game?

Yes.

I mean Phil, like Kevin, Sterling, Mahrez or all of our attackers will be mostly judged by their numbers. Goals, assists and chance creation.

If they aren't doing these things, then even if the rest of their game is good, then it almost doesn't matter, because we need them to deliver.

Fortunately, Phil's passing overall tonight was excellent, he moved into spaces well and had solid dribbling and ball control, and pressed high often as is characteristic of him at City. But if he didn't have any goals or the assist, then while he should be doing these things well, it wouldn't have been that impressive, the numbers are what elevates him to a higher status.

It's kind of different to David, in that, even though David barely scores but still had a decent assist return, the most important thing he brought was control in the final third to recycle the attack over and over again. Phil was okay at that, and if he gets to David's level, he becomes a monster.

I wasn't sure if you were joking at first haha!!. He played great but one thing you must do if you get to see the highlights and you can thank me for this later LOL. Go to the 89th minute of the game and you will see one of the best pieces of skill you will ever see from young Mr Foden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.