#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is a huge issue in this team. Seen enough not. Just not good enough. I mean what is he actually good at? What good traits does he have?

We have certainly gone backwards since we signed him that’s for sure. Whether that’s all coincidence or not I don’t know.

He is one of the many problems we have currently.

We have certainly gone backwards since we signed him that’s for sure. Whether that’s all coincidence or not I don’t know.

He is one of the many problems we have currently.
He’s not the quickest over 10 yards but he’s also slow with the ball. Moves it side to side very passively. I think he’s shite me I’ll be honest. Would much rather an energetic 6 like Ndombele/Partey/Zakaria.
He’s just too easy to play through Rodri

Rodri is class - extremely gifted at passing.

However, our overall press just isn't cutting it at the moment. Rodri isn't capable of rapidly pressing the opposition when the ball turns over.

We need a gifted destroyer at mid. We don't have one, our press suffers, and we're cut to pieces on defense.

I remember when a lot of people (including the stupider and younger version of myself) thought poorly of Barry at times, especially in comparison to De Jong.

Anyway, here's an article from the OG Rodri.

I remember when a lot of people (including the stupider and younger version of myself) thought poorly of Barry at times, especially in comparison to De Jong.

The thing is, Barry never played as a single pivot. Along side NDJ, it was perfectly balanced. We need a partner for Rodri.

The thing is, Barry never played as a single pivot. Along side NDJ, it was perfectly balanced. We need a partner for Rodri.
Wolves game with Rodri and Fernandinho double pivot was really a good start to the season. Atleast the first half where we bossed wolves. . I think We need a dinho replacement and play him along side Rodri .

Edit: now that I remember we became shaky because of Mendy in second half . Think fernandinho played the full game.

Wolves game with Rodri and Fernandinho double pivot was really a good start to the season. Atleast the first half where we bossed wolves. . I think We need a dinho replacement and play him along side Rodri .

Edit: now that I remember we became shaky because of Mendy in second half . Think fernandinho played the full game.

Maybe when Pep realises that Gundogan isn't a Fernandinho clone that might happen.

Wolves game with Rodri and Fernandinho double pivot was really a good start to the season. Atleast the first half where we bossed wolves. We became little shaky when dinho was subbed. I think We need a dinho replacement and play him along side Rodri .
The 1st three games of the season we had these amazing 30 minute spells where we (and Rodri more than most) dominated and then dropped off immensely. It's probably due to obvious reasons, but we're really suffering physically this season. Given how necessary pressing is for us I think it's partly why we seemed to have dropped off more than other teams who have similar issues. I think this has been a bigger issue for Rodri than who specifically is next to him (although he'd benefit from a partner).

I'd just like to see us have a run of games under Pep with Rodri in there where there's no physical hampering. We might have to wait until next season though, although the Euros won't help.

Seems like a very fair and reasonable assessment, won't be popular here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.