Patson Daka

But where would he play ? He‘s a 10/LW. Not fast enough for the LW( not like Pep cares) and would be too offensive
But where would he play ? He‘s a 10/LW. Not fast enough for the LW( not like Pep cares) and would be too offensive with KDB.
I’d fit him in to our midfield and I’m sure he would be a success for us . Left hand side is were he operated best he is ajso a very good offensive central midfielder. Our problem is that we are too loyal to underperforming players and we should be more ruthless in moving players on who don’t perform .

A bit like Gabriel Jesus. A very good player but he’s missing that spark, that indefinable quality, that unquantifiable extra something that separates the very good from the potentially great.
Haaland has it in spades, sometimes you just know. Sergio wasn't even an out and out striker before he came to us but he already had 100 goals for Atletico at 23. You just knew he was special from the minute he walked onto the pitch that Monday night v Swansea. Replacing him will be difficult to say the least, harder than replacing Vinnie or David
Shame we just don't seem to ever be in for the global superstars. Haaland's perfect for the Prem, would get more service here than anywhere, and has a quite frankly ridiculous goalscoring record in the Champions League. Daka's also got a very good scoring rate for Salzberg. And they obviously know each other well.

If we can get him for £20mil and Haaland for the £60mil-ish release clause, + Jesus having a season as the main striker, that's great options and gives us a real mix of players with specific skill sets (finishing, pace, counter-attacking, possession, work-rate, height & power).

Shame we just don't seem to ever be in for the global superstars. Haaland's perfect for the Prem, would get more service here than anywhere, and has a quite frankly ridiculous goalscoring record in the Champions League. Daka's also got a very good scoring rate for Salzberg. And they obviously know each other well.

If we can get him for £20mil and Haaland for the £60mil-ish release clause, + Jesus having a season as the main striker, that's great options and gives us a real mix of players with specific skill sets (finishing, pace, counter-attacking, possession, work-rate, height & power).
Agree 100%.

Publically we are never going to be in or out for players. Haaland however is deadly quiet and it makes me think we have already been told its a no go for us. Hence looking at Nunez or Martinez etc.

Publically we are never going to be in or out for players. Haaland however is deadly quiet and it makes me think we have already been told its a no go for us. Hence looking at Nunez or Martinez etc.
Darwin Nunez moved in the summer and has a huge release clause of €150M apparently. Can't see that move happening. I'd like us to get Patson Daka and one other (Haaland or Martinez). Inter are heavily in debt and might just let him go on the cheap. Apparently, he wants to go to Barca but they're skint.

Scored again today against LASK. Played 3 games in a week so getting back to fitness. 20mil would be a bargain, his price hits 50mil as soon as he goes Bundesliga. The space we had against the rags, he’d be perfect for, and would be a great option in the CL for the counter.

Seems Szoboszlai is moving from Salzberg to Leipzig. Leipzig also need to replace Werner, I imagine they'd go for Daka. We should make a bid in January. Very low risk signing that'd take some of the pressure off the squad.

Seems Szoboszlai is moving from Salzberg to Leipzig. Leipzig also need to replace Werner, I imagine they'd go for Daka. We should make a bid in January. Very low risk signing that'd take some of the pressure off the squad.
For 20-25m it would be a very low risk high reward signing, but he might still prefer a club where he would play more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.