Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

On the positive side, Porto will go through and we could play them again. Easy meat over two legs.
If that heap of rubbish manage to reach the SF's I will be amazed. Mind you I will be surprised if we manage to get that far in the competition.
On a positive note I thought it was a relatively good performance the lack of goals on this occasion I would put down to bad luck more so than bad finishing.

After all the shit we give him myself included, it now looks like Mahrez is our first choice pick for the wide spots. Sterling and Bernardo are showing nothing as to why they should be regular first team starters, Foden needs to play through the centre and Torres should maybe play on the left side.
Who'd have thought that Mahrez is probably one of our most important players at present?
Foden and Bernardo were our best players. In fact I would like them to be our first choice midfield pair because we defend so much better with them in the side.

City have one weakness at the moment and that is the injury to Aguero. Jesus can't play twice a week in this season and without a centre-forward City struggle to convert chances.

It's obvious. Less obvious is how to solve this without getting the cheque book out in January.

I enjoyed watching Torres play because although he didn't score his desire to score was so obviously written all over him. I like players who have quality and are desperate to make their mark. He will go far.

Last edited:
i read some of the comments about boring , and wont be able to get that two hours back ect, but i thought we played excellent, the problem is scoring, scored the chances last night and people would of been raving about that performance,

Whilst Bernardo has struggled over the last 12 months, there are signs of him regaining some form. Would certainly not right him off yet and if anything he needs more games.
Well apart from the cross for Jesus's disallowed girl and one good dribble and accurate shot which forced a good save I'd say the signs he is regaining some form are premature. He used to be a difference maker and now he just seems to work hard and put a shift in. Wouldn't be in my starting XI for the important games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.