Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

To be honest, I thought we should have had a penalty. I thought they should have had one for Ederson clashing into their forward.
They could have had 7 or 8 bookings which weren't given.
Offside decision was annoying because it took so long - but it was the correct decision.

We deserved the win.

Overall, good performance considering we gave: Aguero, Mahrez, KDB, Laporte, Walker & Mendy a rest.

Means we can rotate v Marseille.

for me Porto no mugs, whoever gets them in the round of 16 will be in for a tough time.

Cheers.

Must have fallen asleep when he made the second substitute whomever it was as I didn't see it!

2 moments of note from Silva in 90 minutes that's it. Someone find the old Bernardo please.
You only have to look at the 2 challenges on Foden in the last ten minutes to realise that by bringing on someone like KdB or Doyle, it would be a risk to them.
As I said on a previous post, imagine bringing on a top player for him to get cleaned out by a dogshit challenge by one of their defensive carthorses, and then have to miss a number of REAL important matches (Man Ushited), Pep would get pelters by everyone. That includes those who are moaning about not using all his subs.

Why do we need to appeal if they are using VAR. Does VAR only look at the incidents where someone appeals?
It's getting to the point where most teams now appeal for everything in the hope that VAR will discover something, however minor or even imaginary, to enable the officious cretins in their far away studios to disallow what ALL fans want to see - GOALS.
Toenails, armpits, outstretched arms pointing where they want the ball to go, it's getting ridiculous. The goals by Bamford for Leeds, Henderson for the victims (ugh) and Watkins on Monday for Villa, VAR seems to be looking to disallow goals for any reason and if the micro-measurements are not relaxed, the game is in danger of being ruined. Once it's gone too far, sadly, there is a danger that there is no way back.
VAR should be there for one reason. To instruct the on-field official to go look at the monitor (unless it is a nailed on and patently obvious to everyone on earth issue). Then it is up to him to allow/disallow the goal or change a card from yellow to red dependant on what he sees. He should be the man in charge, VAR should be what it says -Video ASSISTANT Referee.
Sorry, rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.