Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a link to any articles about this mate

Googling Taffix shows it for sale - it is quite pricy, as mentioned - £52 for four 100 ml bottles, but cited as 7p/day for some reason (this might be a manufacture price, because otherwise the 4 bottle would last 2 years!)

Basically it is a cellulose-based powder which forms a sticky gel layer, thus making it harder for virus to get into the body by giving it a thick gel layer that it also has to get through.

Derived from the mirror report:

Another one that likes capitals but essential info

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps tweeted: "I've taken the urgent decision to BAN ARRIVALS from ARGENTINA, BRAZIL, BOLIVIA, CAPE VERDE, CHILE, COLOMBIA, ECUADOR, FRENCH GUIANA, GUYANA, PANAMA, PARAGUAY, PERU, SURINAME, URUGUAY AND VENEZUELA - from TOMORROW, 15 JAN at 4AM following evidence of a new variant in Brazil.

"Travel from PORTUGAL to the UK will also be suspended given its strong travel links with Brazil - acting as another way to reduce the risk of importing infections. However, there is an exemption for hauliers travelling from Portugal (only), to allow transport of essential goods.

"This measure does not apply to British and Irish Nationals and third country nationals with residence rights - but passengers returning from these destinations must self-isolate for TEN DAYS along with their households."

Three million COVID-19 vaccines have been administered, health secretary says

Matt Hancock has tweeted to say that three million COVID-19 vaccines have been given out so far.

It comes as community pharmacies begin to roll out the jab from today

Great milestone - delighted with that - they are not messing about. Every few hundred thousand is a step closer to our freedom back.

banning flights from Brazil and Portugal because of the new variant just feels a bit pointless for me, it's already probably here and how many thousands are infected with this strain in other countries flying over - unless we completely shut down the borders for months and months, i don't see how we can stop certain strains.

Is this just a case that she was asked about it to have the subject brought up? If so, she couldn't duck the issue.

Perhaps that's the case, yeah, but playing devil's advocate here then I'd question if it wasn't a major issue then why would the media be talking about it in the first place? Before you answer that, I know the role of the media and what they're like, but even they are obviously picking up on these concerns from somewhere and surely that can only be the scientific community? Sorry, I'm having too much time for my mind to wander whilst self isolating ha, but you can see where I'm coming from I hope?

To answer @roubaixtuesday question, yeah those are her words. They aren't particularly reassuring, even if they weren't specifically meant to cause alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.