Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
England hospital deaths: 2 wks v 2 wks v last wk v TODAY:- Total/NW Total/NW % of England Total

401 / 52 NW / 13%

420 / 42 NW / 10%

717 / 82 NW / 11%

807 / 90 NW / 11% TODAY

That is a pretty consistent number but deaths in the NW - if they do rise because of increasing case numbers - may still await. But so far not apparent.

Pfizer talking about reducing amount of vaccines they are sending to the UK

Surely that’s too early to be a result of the Scottish Gov’s leak?

Reported to be due to a shutdown to allow upgrading their facility to increase throughput.

Shouldn't come as too much of a surprise - I think I've said before that we should expect supply not to run smoothly for any of these vaccines as the scaleup is unprecedented.

By the way some good news I forgot to post from yesterday with the data not appearing until late night is that the 48, 682 cases yesterday came from a record pillar 1 and 2 tests of 595, 170.

That represents a positivity of 8.2%

That we are testing over half a million people a day is certainly something the government should be applauded for doing as it is a key necessity in a pandemic and that is pretty good going.

At that rate we could test everyone in the UK by May.

Last edited:
By the way some good news I forgot to post from yesterday with the data not appearing until late night is that the 48, 682 cases yesterday came from a record pillar 1 and 2 tests of 595, 170.

That represents a positivity of 8.2%

That we are testing over half a million people a day is certainly something the government should be applauded for doing as it is a key necessity in a pandemic and that is pretty good going.

That's good news to see it is from 595k tests. Amazing how many tests are still happening each day. identifying who has it and making them distance must be saving lives? If this had just been left to a free for all we would have had 3 months of carnage and death beyond comprehension.

VACCINATIONS UPDATE:-

ENGLAND

2, 769,164 now had first dose of vaccine as of Thursday night.

Up 274, 793 in day - it was 239, 815 on Wednesday.

There were also 420, 510 second doses in total as of Thursday. 4834 were added Thursday v 8362 Wednesday.

SCOTLAND

224, 840 now had first dose of vaccine as of Thursday night.

Up 16, 633 in day - it was 16, 242 on Wednesday.

There were also 3190 second doses in total as of Wednesday. Update later for yesterday - 200 were added on Wednesday v 133 Tuesday.

WALES

126, 375 now had first dose of vaccine as of Thursday night.

Up 13, 402 in day - it was 11, 602 on Wednesday).

There were also 129 second doses in total as of Thursday - 8 were added on Thursday v 13 Wednesday.

NORTHERN IRELAND

102, 701 now had first dose of vaccine as of Wednesday night.

Up 11, 284 in day - it was 7230 on Tuesday.

There were also 1170 second doses in total on Wednesday - it was 2552 on Tuesday.

TOTAL UK VACCINATIONS (updated as far as published data in dates above allow)

1ST DOSE:- 3, 193, 045

2ND DOSE ;- 442, 831

TOTAL VACCINATIONS :- 3, 635, 876
Thanks for that

NORTHERN IRELAND data

26 deaths (was 20 last Friday)

20 in hospital, 5 in care homes, 1 at home

1052 cases (was 1500 last Friday)

Positivity rate here still falling from up near 50% (tests much fewer here) - today 25%

7 day total cases 7590 - down from 7769 yesterday.

Age range of these cases:

0-19 (845) 20 - 39 (2646) 40 - 59 (2428) 60 - 79 (1148) 80 + (519)

Care home outbreaks 139 (down 3)

Patients 840 (down 10)

Ventilated 47 (up 3)

Night of constant coughing leaving me worn out as crap sleep. Seemed far worse on one side. It’s just sticking around now now getting better or worse.
Not sure what else I can do to recuperate: lots of fluids, vit D, fruit, paracetamol and rest. Wonder if the coughing has been exacerbated by my asthma.

An epidemiologist early on suggested great things could happen through the intense vaccine research. Read a story this morning about a hybrid aeroplane which could cut emissions down by 95%.

I can’t see the stop of globalisation (humans will always want to explore) but perhaps science will find kinder ways about from hybrid/electric/hydrogen powered travel to rapid deployment of vaccines for the next virus (and also the likes of cancers).
I’ve never been to south east Asia but would love to go.

maybe we’re on the cusp of the next leap in science.

Hopefully you get a better night tonight. It's difficult to know how much anxiety and the psychological side plays up on it too, the moment that positive test result comes through. Many people will be able to dismiss it and get on with things but for many others it will cause worry, perhaps undue in many cases. You're doing all you can, keep at it and rest when you get the opportunity taking one day at a time.

Total deaths from the three nations bar the out of hospital England ones are 948.

It was 886 last Friday. That is less of an increase week to week than we have been seeing but all but guarantees another over 1000 all setting deaths number likely around 1200.

One day is never a guide to much but I am a little encouraged by some of these numbers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.