Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's embarrassing for him to be classed as a journalist, he has no shame. He was on the radio after Maradonna died and was asked how good a player Diego was. His reply was staggering including how he "remembered" Maradonna's fantastic performances and his hand of god goal. I looked up his age, apparently 29, he wasn't even a sperm floating in his dad's ball bag when that game was played, liar, hypocrite and out and out Dipper supporter and City hater, probably the required criteria to be a click bait hack in these times.
He is one of the new generation of so-called journalists. He can write well with some clever phrases but has no concept of establishing the facts for a story. He is incapable of being impartial with his coverage of City and can't shake off his own political and sectarian views. It is pretty easy to use Google to establish the ownership structure of City and our financial performance.
The oil narrative is a fake one because all the investments made by Sheikh Mansour in the last decade have been part of a long-term strategy to diversify away from reliance on revenues from fossil fuels. That strategy is crucial to every business operator in the whole Gulf region who wants to survive as a business. The entire "Arab oil money" trope is underpinned by old-fashioned racism.

To be honest I don't really have a problem with Miguel on the issue of "will City be too dominant" because I think he's right.

I wrote a while back that after getting in our own way often in the first 10 years of Abu Dhabi ownership, we now have the infrastructure and the upper management have the experience to be the thing that people panicked about in 2008.

Adding Haaland and Messi to this squad will be the final off pitch/on pitch pieces of the puzzle.

The best manager, the best squad by a mile, so many young players, finances only United can compete with, American owners not wanting to invest.

I don't blame any neutral who looks at the current situation and thinks that a United in the 90's 8 out of 11 titles scenario is pretty likely.

My issue is his inability to realise other people are responsible for what's coming - The Glazers, FSG, Kroenke etc. His lack of balance on things like FFP, where he refuses to see anything except Bad for City = Good for Football and the general whineyness with which he approaches anything, incapable of making a solid argument without trying to make snide digs or getting into bitchy spats with City fans online.
This is so true. It genuinely would be bad if the Premier League was like the Bundesliga in terms of Bayern’s dominance. But like you say, City didn’t invent money being important in football, or English football having a rich elite cut off from the rest.

I thought it was against the law to print untruths ?
No, it's not because City would have to prove that these are not only not simple mistakes but are damaging commercially and were intended to be so. We would find it difficult to say why being backed by the wealth of a state is even an insult let alone an error which causes us damage or loss. City have had recourse to the courts only once and our legal team did an extremely effective job at CAS but they won't do anything at all which seems like a vendetta on behalf of some touchy fans.

What action do you think they should take? Apart from make complete fools of themselves?
They have lots of options open to them to prevent the club's reputation being trashed. Most of them don't require legal action. It is normal for businesses to protect their brand in the face of dishonest journalism. I would start with a formal complaint to the new press complaints watchdog.

To be honest I don't really have a problem with Miguel on the issue of "will City be too dominant" because I think he's right.

I wrote a while back that after getting in our own way often in the first 10 years of Abu Dhabi ownership, we now have the infrastructure and the upper management have the experience to be the thing that people panicked about in 2008.

Adding Haaland and Messi to this squad will be the final off pitch/on pitch pieces of the puzzle.

The best manager, the best squad by a mile, so many young players, finances only United can compete with, American owners not wanting to invest.

I don't blame any neutral who looks at the current situation and thinks that a United in the 90's 8 out of 11 titles scenario is pretty likely.

My issue is his inability to realise other people are responsible for what's coming - The Glazers, FSG, Kroenke etc. His lack of balance on things like FFP, where he refuses to see anything except Bad for City = Good for Football and the general whineyness with which he approaches anything, incapable of making a solid argument without trying to make snide digs or getting into bitchy spats with City fans online.
It's the digs that overtake the view of the quality we have on the pitch, on the bench and in the technical area. Whenever any other team were serial winners it was the quality of football the RDAHMeedya focused on and ne'er a dig at any off field issues. The reason there were no digs was because any club badmouthed by those perennial turds in the gutter press would tell same that we could fuck off from the ground for some time, and it was something the third rate hacks could not contemplate. Hence we get our players fouls called (Ferny!) but the snide elbows of others immediately ignored. Ruben or Stonesy wouldn't have perpetrated the Slabhead 'challenge' but had they done similar it would be on a five minute perpetual loop this week.

While our squad is excellent indeed (but remember that even some City fans were quite sceptical about it 2 months ago), its quality is not unprecedented at all. Chelsea 04-06 and United 07-09 had great squads. Same with Morinho's Madrid and Bayern 19-20. Look at United's bench in the CL final vs Barcelona back in 2009: Tevez, Scholes, Berbatov, Nani, etc. Were they state owned then? What about their transfers: Rooney, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Anderson, etc.? The Rooney fee would be 130m in the current market if adjusted for inflation in football. Same with the Ferdinand fee. Their 07-09 squad was utterly expensive. Predictably, nobody was crying back then though. And nobody among those *journalists* seems to remember it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.