Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Well, it looks like JJ Abrahms has passed on Henry Cavill retaining the 'Superman' role and it will, now, get a reboot.

'Supergirl' is being introduced into the upcoming 'Flash' film, but I don't know if that will tie in, at some point.

It does make me wonder if they really will go down the 'Calvin Ellis' route, from the multiverse as it's the only logical pathway to take with the Kryptonion character...

Well, unless the DCEU focus on 'Supergirl', of course!

I'm a big fan of director Robert Eggers, he did The Lighthouse and The Witch in recent years.
Out soon I believe will the the Northman.

The Northman is an upcoming historical thriller film directed by Robert Eggers, who co-wrote the screenplay with Sjón. Set at the turn of the 10th century in Iceland, it stars Alexander Skarsgård as Nordic prince Amleth, who seeks revenge after his father is murdered

Well, it looks like JJ Abrahms has passed on Henry Cavill retaining the 'Superman' role and it will, now, get a reboot.

'Supergirl' is being introduced into the upcoming 'Flash' film, but I don't know if that will tie in, at some point.

It does make me wonder if they really will go down the 'Calvin Ellis' route, from the multiverse as it's the only logical pathway to take with the Kryptonion character...

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about this. Maybe Snyder's JL will give fans what we wanted and force them to keep going. Let's see.

Just watched lady vengeance again, forgotten how much of a great film it is. I know everyome generally prefers oldboy from this series, but this one's always been my fave. Great trilogy of films though.

Bloody hell how many times can you reboot something! Cavill was good, DC have proper flicked up their franchise, they could be up there with Marvel if they just had a vision to follow.

Bloody hell how many times can you reboot something! Cavill was good, DC have proper flicked up their franchise, they could be up there with Marvel if they just had a vision to follow.

I agree.

Myself, I quite liked Henry Cavill but, apparently, he's an arsehole behind the scenes. Something like a 'Billy Big Bollocks' demanding more money. Also, apparently, he also wanted a say on which actors were suited to what parts.

Who knows the truth?

Trouble is, Cavill can't say anything if he wants to carry on in the industry. He's still being picked for 'Supes' in the "Black Adam" film (he and Dwayne Johnson have the same manager) and there's also the vacant 'James Bond' slot, should they continue with the male version.

Fooked, if I know!

It's been bugging me for a few days, the story about Cavill.

Now, I don't think he's not 'Superman' any more, but I think there's been a misdirect in the information given, either as an intentional action or by accident.

I keep reading about the 'Flash' film being a 'multiverse' film, not a reboot. So, this means the DCEU will be able to keep or create a few iterations of the 'Super' legend.

I'm not quite sure where the DCEU are getting 'Supergirl' from, but 'Calvin Ellis' is the President on 'Earth 2'.

In essence, it gives the DCEU a free hit to gauge the popularity of the new character as an 'elseworld' story to see if 'Ellis' would be more popular than 'Kent'.

It's smart, it offers diversity without changing the original protagonist and it gives the DCEU a new revenue stream.

I agree.

Myself, I quite liked Henry Cavill but, apparently, he's an arsehole behind the scenes. Something like a 'Billy Big Bollocks' demanding more money. Also, apparently, he also wanted a say on which actors were suited to what parts.

Who knows the truth?

Trouble is, Cavill can't say anything if he wants to carry on in the industry. He's still being picked for 'Supes' in the "Black Adam" film (he and Dwayne Johnson have the same manager) and there's also the vacant 'James Bond' slot, should they continue with the male version.

Fooked, if I know!

No idea on any of that but the money things just holywood through and through. big in demand star wanting more cash shouldn't be something out of the ordinary.

would be a shame if he it totally dropped as he fits the roll well, but if he's a bit of a dick then I can understand why the change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.