Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM scoreboard:

325 - down 30 from 355 - 48.6 % of the NW total of 689 - down 91 . GM % up 3.1%

Wk to wk: 941 v 641 v 654 v 964 v 368 v 325 today.

Lowest daily number by GM in six months.

Manchester 48 - down from 59. Pop score up 9 to 9116. Joint lowest rise in GM. Very rare for Manchester. Weekly cases 422. Weekly Pop down 5 to 77. Lowest I ever recall seeing Manchester at.

Salford 42 - up from 38. Pop score up 17 to 8523. Weekly cases 274. Weekly Pop up 5 to 106.

Wigan 39 - down from 46. Pop score up 12 to 8414. Weekly cases 328. Weekly Pop down 2 to 100.

Oldham 33 - up from 28. Pop score up 14 to 9219. Weekly cases 206. Weekly Pop up 1 to 87

Rochdale 33 - up from 24. Pop score up 15 to 9056. Weekly cases 266. Weekly Pop up 5 to 119.

Tameside 30 - down from 37. Pop score up 13 to 7614. Weekly cases 247. Weekly Pop up 4 to 111.

Bolton 29 - down from 43. Pop score up 10 to 8562. Weekly cases 304. Weekly Pop down 6 to 106.

Stockport 27 - down from 36. Lowest number in 2021 here. Pop score up 9 to 6767. Joint lowest rise with Manchester today, Weekly cases 256. Weekly Pop down 1 to 87.

Trafford 24 - same as yesterday. Pop score up 10 to 6663. Trafford loses 1 for the first time in days and is now 'only' 104 clear with best Pop across the pandemic. Weekly cases 141 - lowest in GM. But Bury right behind. Weekly Pop down 2 to 60.

Bury 20 - same as yesterday. Pop score up 11 to 8665. Weekly cases 172. 31 behind Trafford for best weekly score. Weekly Pop down 2 to 90.

At 28 between top and bottom this is both the lowest total for GM and the smallest gap between top and bottom in six months.

Weekly Pop - Borough / Today / Seven days ago / Up/down by Lowest score is best - going down good/up bad

I add the Pop score across the entire pandemic too at the end per 100. This is essentially the percentage of the population in the borough who have tested positive and been recorded. So the minimum immunity acquired that way - if indeed any lasts up to a year by that route. Unrecorded cases, asymptomatic and, of course, vaccinated immunity are all on top of this base number locally.

Rochdale 119 / 156 / down 37 Testing positive 9.1%

Tameside 111 / 135 / down 24 Testing positive 7.6%

Bolton 106 / 156 / down 50 Testing positive 8.6%

Salford 106 / 119 / down 13 Testing positive 8.5%

Wigan 100 / 126 / down 26 Testing positive 8.4%

Bury 90 / 150 / down 60 Testing positive 8.7%

Stockport 87 / 131 / down 44 Testing positive 6.8%

Oldham 87 / 127 / down 40 Testing positive 9.2%

Manchester 77 / 124 / down 47 Testing positive 9.1%

Trafford 60 / 86 / down 26 Testing positive 6.7%

Half boroughs above 100 (exactly 100 in Wigan's case) and the others below - but whilst every borough is down week to week as they have been for some days now the size of the falls are getting smaller as it is tougher to outdo the drop when you go lower and lower.

Bury has had the best week as you can see. From being hailed as a big problem from the MEN to lowest numbers and close to best weekly numbers in just 10 days.

Last edited:
I haven’t lashed out at anyone.

as I say tedious that people like you try and spin like this.

Tedious? You should try reading your posts on this thread ;)

I am not spinning anything. I don't need to. It is self-evident what you are stating in your posts. Subtlety is not a strong point.

Still, I cannot remember one person wanting a permanent lockdown. I doubt anyone has ever said that.

There are absolutely lockdown fetishists. I work with them. I read them on here. I don’t blame them either, it’s a mental health response to this thing. I hate working from home. I completely and utterly hate it. Got a call to go in to the office the other day to pick some stuff up, i rearranged it twice because of how anxious I was.
That post shouts mental health problems to me.

what a load of bollox.

We’ve fucked up in the past by rushing out of lockdown. Finally we’re doing it the right way. Schools have gone back this week and next month I’ll be in the Pub Garden with my pals having a beer, soon after that we’ll be fully out of lockdown all going well, literally talking a few months. No one wants lockdown but it’s the proven way to get out of this especially whilst we’re still vaccinating the vulnerable

So I will repeat. your post is a load of bollox.
Both of you appear to believe I have argued against lockdown in these posts. I haven’t. Even so, it’s amusing how strong and uptight your response is to the suggestion of fetishisation of lockdown. Very defensive despite clear criteria for how it applies and who to.

There are absolutely lockdown fetishists. I work with them. I read them on here. I don’t blame them either, it’s a mental health response to this thing. I hate working from home. I completely and utterly hate it. Got a call to go in to the office the other day to pick some stuff up, i rearranged it twice because of how anxious I was.
Do you watch the news and go on social Media a lot?

I goto loads of different places for work and I hardly know anyone who has had it , if you have a underlying health conditions or old I think that is the issue, iv kept my distance done mostly online shopping

but life is for living , hopefully when lockdown is lifted your anexity might get better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.