Gio Kinkladze Documentary

Total Genius
Never ever seen anything like him at the time
Sublime Strikes and brilliant provider
Shame he never went onto the glory he deserved at City
Shame too Joe Royle slated him
I think Joe Royle slating him was just preparing the ground for selling him. Gutted when he went, but can remember the relief it wasn't to the rags - I thought that nasty scottish **** might buy him just to further rub our noses in it at the time.

I went to Georgia in 1997 for a week. There were only 13 visas issued that year and the war had not been finished long.

We met some Georgians in one of the few bars open at the time and watched Kinky play for Georgia v Italy with them.

I started a Tbilisi / Georgia supporters club on my return and recently made contact with the Georgians we met and am arranging to go out there again when all this China virus shits over.

I think the country is totally different now to when we went so cant wait to see the changes.

I think Joe Royle slating him was just preparing the ground for selling him. Gutted when he went, but can remember the relief it wasn't to the rags - I thought that nasty scottish **** might buy him just to further rub our noses in it at the time.
Ferguson was on the Panel to approve him a work permit in this country I did read

I truly believe that if he had been 20 years later we could be talking of him as our greatest ever. For me he could pass as well as Silva, dribble more effectively than Silva, shoot and score much more effectively than Silva, and he could score both penalties and free kicks like it was a game.

My only reservation, and perhaps how he has gained weight since retirement might give you an answer, is did he have the self discipline and mental strength to be part of a team for a long time, where he wouldn't have been a certain 1st choice and others around him were equally as astounding. Of course we will never know, but I thank him for the glimpses of brilliance he provided at a time when supporting City was grim.

Under Pep and surrounded by the players we have now I honestly think he could have been a great.

Will always be my fav player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.