#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For City to sell it would probably take Pep telling the board that Sterling is now surplus to requirements. That would be some change in opinion from Pep. I just can’t see it.
Maybe he's already told them and his vote of confidence to Raz is just a smokescreen so nots to disrupt our trophy hunt at this important time of the season.

Peps facial expressions when Raz fucks up are pretty compelling and are happening on a more frequent basis this season

His first touch is non-existent and, while he has the pace to get in behind defenders without the ball, once it gets to him there is too much thought and not enough instinct in the next 2-3 seconds.

Forwards live, breathe and bank their careers in those few seconds.
That's exactly what I mean when I said some weeks/months back that I thought he has no footballing brain. He doesn't instinctively know what to do, you can just see it. He's been coached on where to run to and where to be so he can get tap ins. But it's not like it's natural for him.

On the positive side, he obviously is very professional, works hard, trains hard, listens and tries to learn. And he's rarely injured, so reliable in that respect. He's obviously worked on his (previously dog shit) ball-striking so that has improved quite a lot, but still only to a "mediocre" standard at best.

But now with the way we play, he's not getting the tap-ins and because his ball striking is pretty poor, he's hardly going to be banging in 25 yarders every week. We sure as hell won't be letting him take penalties. And if we got to a CL final and it came down to pens, you just KNOW he would miss his.

So he's simply not good enough for a team which wants to be the best in Europe. Would Real, Barca or Bayern have him? Of course not.

He's on the books at about £7m currently. If we could make £70m profit by selling him for around £80m it'd be good business.And it frees up space for Grealish, who's a much better footballer.
If anyone offered £80m, we should snatch their hands off, immediately.

How many goals and assists has grealish inthe last two seasons colin ?

Hope you are well by the way
I like how you bring up 2 seasons as Sterling is behind in this one.

Sterling last season and this - 29 goals, 7 assists
Sterling the two seasons before last 35 goals, 21 assists.
Just needs 6 goals and 14 assists in the next 6 games I guess. He's contributing less and less every season yet wants a bumper pay rise?. What happens if we refuse him?

Just needs 6 goals and 14 assists in the next 6 games I guess. He's contributing less and less every season yet wants a bumper pay rise?. What happens if we refuse him?

He’ll end up somewhere like Spurs.

I asked for comparison last two years as he said grealish is a better player , is he ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.