Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uneasy about this, but then i am never confident. Dortmund are no mugs. Hoping Pep is proved right by resting what he thinks will be his winning 11. Big test for our players. Hopefully they won't let nerves get to them. If Dortmund score first, i don't think we'll get back in the game
Here's some hope.
Even when very wasteful vs Dortmund and Leeds,
we conceded the 1st leg late blow and still hit back to win 2-1.
We DID equalize vs Leeds. Losing 1-2 would take us to 30 more mins.

Dortmund conceded 14 in their last 10 matches,
and 2 in each of their last 4 matches. Their defence is a mess.

Even IF we trail by 0-2, Dortmund have enough bottling mentality in them
in their poor season to still not get it over the line.

It's about time we kick out Dortmund with a big bang
and send out a message that we have changed and are ready to win that cup.

Surprisingly looks like history is against us tomorrow.

It isn't, because those stats are for games with fans, not for games at empty grounds.

Normally, a 2:1 win isn't great. But things change if you factor in that both the 1st and 2nd leg are played without fans. In these covid circumstances, a 2:1 win is generally a good result.

No this is a bullshit stat.

The last 16 round the weaker side (runner up) plays the stronger side at home first.

That's why this exists.
To be fair, I checked the quarters and semis (unseeded) of the last 20 years and of the teams that won their home game first 2-1, only 4 out of 11 went through. However it is a stat that can be manipulated; in the last 10 years; 3 out of 4 went through.

Just thought it was kind of interesting.

I think the scoreline is 55/45 in our favour.

We are likely imo to buckle under pressure unfortunately. I hope we go through but I'm not confident. All I can hope for is that the players try their very best.

I'm with you on this. What this game needs is cool heads. An early goal and we'll be sound.

Pep, much as I love him, seems to have a blind spot for how his intense and obvious anxiety infects those around him in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.