Harry Kane

Some of what you say is true, Spurs could rebuild with the Kane money, but you are forgetting one key point - City haven't met Spurs valuation. Why should Spurs sell Kane at a cheaper price than his value? You seem to be listing all the reasons why Spurs are stupid for not selling, but missing out that City haven't made an offer high enough. That is the single main point why the deal hasn't been done. If City meet the price, Spurs will sell and rebuild, but if not will keep Kane.

Another thing, the Kane money won't go far in the market. Vlahovic is being priced at crazy prices, Martinez they wanted 80 million, both now seem to be unavailable, Spurs would only be able to buy two players with the money and they will carry their own risks.

If Spurs sold Kane and were not able to sign replacements, the season would be over before it began.
Get what you're saying, but that money would have gone farther had he not waited until the last week of the window. Prices only go up.

There's also something to be said about having a realistic valuation. I can value my used underwear at 1m a pop but can't complain nobody is meeting my valuation when it doesn't sell. I won't pretend to know what Levy's valuation is but if its 150m + add ons as reported he's not getting that, and he knows it, which brings me back to my orignal post.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. Some journalists are better with City info than others and that goes for some posters on here too.

But if you put all the reliable sources‘ info together on this Kane transfer none of it makes sense as a lot is contradictory. They can’t all be right.

I don't think I’ve seen this before to this extent so although I love the rumours I don’t believe any of it this time.

I’d guess City put in a bid for Kane that was rejected and they will put another in nearer the deadline. The rest is second hand info that are probably guesses too and passed on by well meaning ITKs who all believe their contacts to be reliable.

There‘s no concrete info from either side leaking out.

Grealish was easy as anyone with a brain cell could work out both clubs were behaving as if there was a release clause and still many believed there wasn’t…particularly Villa fans.
I have it on good authority that indeed there was one, 100M, and once we put that bid in, talks took place and as they say, the rest is history!

i wonder if Txiki, Soriano etc was at any point so naive to think that this will go any other way as it went. Did we expect Levy will quickly accept our bid?

I think even if we make our first offer at 150m Levy would still try to get more from us quoting 200m to meet him in the middle and get 175m for his player.

City haven't made a higher bid because we know Levy would reject it. At least that is my interpretation. I agree the money would not go that far but that's because Spurs wasted the entire Summer. Brinkmanship is Levy's style. I don't think it's a good way to run a club.
Why not just keep making bids until we are maxed out rather than just one low bid then one more big one very late on that could easily be refused

If we sign him we're splurging mountains of cash and ruining the game- if we don't sign him we're being disrespectful to Tottenham and Kane and are ruining football.
Do we actually have a media strategy or anyone who is competent of pushing back the endless crap thrown at us.. If City were a person we'd be a victim of hate crime.

I remember when people had a fit because we'd bid €40m for a 17 year old at Monaco and it was rejected.

A year later he moved for €165m.

When strikers are at that age they go from zero to world class in about 18 months. Haaland goes from nobody to €150m's a bargain in the same time frame. Kane went from couldn't get in a championship side to England's number 9 and Spurs won't sell for any price between 21 and 22.

I don't know much about Vlahovic, it's not my job to know how good he is. But I don't give a shit about his age, or his lack of experience, or his price. These aren't valid arguments if the people in charge think he's good enough.

Well said.

City fans (on here) are stuck between wanting the world class names a la Messi/Mbappe/Haaland, and doing a Dortmund by buying young up and coming players for smaller sums before their price tag rockets and bringing our own homegrown Messi through.

Yet Jesus and Torres who we did buy for good value are shite according to many.

If Pep wants to buy the top scorer from last season in the league I am all for it. But if the club is thinking longer term that is fine too. We will have peaks and troughs as a side. It is just about making sure those troughs are less arsenal/united and more Chelsea. I don't agree that Kane is a short term acquisition though. And it wouldn't be a bad thing for Delap, Jesus, Torres etc to see how you go from 1 goal in 2-3 games to a goal a game.

he probably wants to win cl before he leaves in 2 years and thinks with kane he will be able to do it
Or the extra 40m or whatever might suddenly become worth it if pep is tempted by 4-5 years of Our generally young midfield & Kane as a centre forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.