Last Film You Saw

Slightly off topic but I've been watching a fair bit of Longmire and I'd give my left bollock to live at his house.

walt-s-cabin-2_chad-coppess.jpg

Could I rent a room from you?

Respect.

Thought I'd escape the transfer forum, crazy few days, with a trip to the flicks. Had been looking forward to seeing this on the big screen but came away extremely disappointed. The story felt disjointed with key points being largely brushed over. Poorly done.

Saint Maud

Psychological thriller of a young woman's descent into complete breakdown. Filmed in Scarborough, so gets an extra tick for the location.

7/10

Snow Cake
Sigourney Weaver
Alan Rickman

What a great movie, based in Canookia. I won't spill the plot but it's kind of riveting.
Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman are brilliant in their different ways. The other lovely thing about this film is that it's so "non-Hollywood". Watching this film I got to laugh, cry and feel that people can amaze and inspire.

7.5/10

Snow Cake
Sigourney Weaver
Alan Rickman

What a great movie, based in Canookia. I won't spill the plot but it's kind of riveting.
Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman are brilliant in their different ways. The other lovely thing about this film is that it's so "non-Hollywood". Watching this film I got to laugh, cry and feel that people can amaze and inspire.

7.5/10

Now, this is a class review! I haven't seen the film, but now it's grabbed my interest.

If I've not seen a film and someone synopses the hell out of it, I won't bother.

Cheers, Bill!

Snow Cake
Sigourney Weaver
Alan Rickman

7.5/10
Both brilliant actors,but Rickman was different gravy.He brought his characters to life and just made every film he was in so much better - an absolutely brutal loss to the industry.

I'll dig that out too,cheers.

The Green Knight

Adult fantasy. Forget LOTR. More like GOT, but... introverted, if that makes sense. Quiet and trippy. A bit slow for some. Dead good tho.

Finchy from the Office is the monstrous villain, has the last line, and it's a belter. Even better than 'Nearly done love' (and the way he says that line is in my head for life).

"The Green Knight"

Such an interesting film. Probably going to have to see it more than once. Character and mythology based, Dev Patel really has found a spot he suits as an actor. Everything he did was just the right amount of.

It's a jarring film in many ways when you're trying to blot out the usual tropes of what a 'ye olde daye' myth is supposed to look like, but for me that helps the film along.

The cinematography blows you away and almost every single shot has a purpose, like a story within itself.

If you're a fan of offbeat film making then try no further than this one.

I REALLY like the bravery of this film.

Yeah, I watched it a couple days ago and I really liked how they treated the source material. I was familiar with the plot of the poem "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" but the film still managed to surprise me. They cut some things here and there (e.g. most of the threesome kisses) and changed the finale, but what's really important is that they managed to convey the exact atmosphere that those magical chivalry tales supposedly created at the time in the mind of the reader/listener.

I mentioned that they changed the finale but, contrary to what I usually think, it was for the best. I really liked that decision because it made for a more poignant film, and I think that if they had kept the original finale of the tale it would have felt shallow and slightly anticlimactic for a modern audience.

I actually liked the last part of the film better than the beginning, when I had feared that they were going to focus only on cinematography and aesthetic and neglect the actual storytelling and characters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.