Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is that he is wanted by several clubs, we may be happy with the numbers above but then someone comes in with £30 million for his agent and a £30 million signing on fee, then another club come in and offer the same but with another £5 million to Alfie.

At some point each club has to set a limit that they won't go above. I don't think we will go as high as others.
Also though at some point though he has to decide who and where he wants to play his football and not be persuaded to compromise his football ambitions by ever higher numbers.

I didn't see a SINGLE report saying we thought Haaland wasn't a great fit

"There are no plans Cs to speak of at the moment; Erling Haaland was never seen as the ideal candidate for City’s style"

"Guardiola also prefers Kane to Haaland because while the Norwegian is regarded as excellent inside City, they believe a lot of his best work comes when he has space to run into, which he wouldn’t have in a City shirt. They also believe Kane’s work off the ball is better."

Those were the first two I found, with a 2 minute search, and they weren't the only ones - it's the repetitiveness that suggests it's not without merit. They're not saying Haaland is poor, but he's someone who REALLY stretches the budget, and for that you have to be very, very sure.

I wonder if we will bid knowing a Lot of the figures (agent fees etc) can be lost And the transfer fee is quite low

I don't think this is happening but I believe Pep holds the keys.

He clearly wanted Kane, someone proven to be a very good all round footballer rather than just an out and out striker.

However, Peps contract is up in 2023, will City allow him to go into that final year still dictating our transfers and the direction of the team?

If Pep does sign a new contract, will he change the team around and go in a new direction and want Haaland?

If Pep doesn't sign a new contract, will the club be starting to put in place the plans for the new manager and that new man might be desperate for someone like Haaland.

Fucking sign Haaland. He's almost certainly the best footballer of his generation.

It appears that Haaland doesn't so much care about where he ends up - he simply wants to earn a ton of money - in a club that has the potential/expectation of proving him best of all time.

This window - looks as if Haaland isn't going to transfer.

And unless Haaland's performances fall off a cliff - next season we should be all in for Haaland - fuck any Kane-ish distraction.

"There are no plans Cs to speak of at the moment; Erling Haaland was never seen as the ideal candidate for City’s style"

"Guardiola also prefers Kane to Haaland because while the Norwegian is regarded as excellent inside City, they believe a lot of his best work comes when he has space to run into, which he wouldn’t have in a City shirt. They also believe Kane’s work off the ball is better."

Those were the first two I found, with a 2 minute search, and they weren't the only ones - it's the repetitiveness that suggests it's not without merit. They're not saying Haaland is poor, but he's someone who REALLY stretches the budget, and for that you have to be very, very sure.
They're not wrong about the space though!

Good find, thanks

I don't think this is happening but I believe Pep holds the keys.

He clearly wanted Kane, someone proven to be a very good all round footballer rather than just an out and out striker.

However, Peps contract is up in 2023, will City allow him to go into that final year still dictating our transfers and the direction of the team?

If Pep does sign a new contract, will he change the team around and go in a new direction and want Haaland?

If Pep doesn't sign a new contract, will the club be starting to put in place the plans for the new manager and that new man might be desperate for someone like Haaland.
100% agree. I 'm sure Pep will be disappointed about how the Kane situation panned out, but I have a feeling he'd be excited to work with a raw young talent like Haaland. This kid has huge potential so him and Pep could be a marriage made in football heaven. As you suggest though, this all revolves around Pep, fingers crossed.

We should not ask Haaland if he wants to join City. We need to flood the media and tell him through the media he is our No 1 target and we want him to lead the team into a new dominant era in which City have a plan in place to become the destination of choice for top players and become the biggest team in the World.

We need to get in his head and have him visualise playing in City Shirt. Tell people enough times and they start believing. Works on Bluemoon.
We can push that narrative in the media all we want but as soon as we offer less money than anyone else, we’re out the picture

100% agree. I 'm sure Pep will be disappointed about how the Kane situation panned out, but I have a feeling he'd be excited to work with a raw young talent like Haaland. This kid has huge potential so him and Pep could be a marriage made in football heaven. As you suggest though, this all revolves around Pep, fingers crossed.
You just have to remember the body language and excitement when he spoke about Haaland after both UCL games.
It’s a complete myth this idea of him not working much off the ball or without space. Sure, Dortmund plays a certain way, but before that, he was at Salzburg, which is, by its identity, one of the most pressing sides in Europe, and he pressed like a maniac.
I also like this, despite the jerk who wrote it, but I would hope just for this article people could read the points without thinking of him: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...aaland-transfer-manchester-city-b1826759.html

Sam Lee’s analogy on his latest podcast seemed perfect to me of the Haaland/Kane situation.
You really wanted to go to Barcelona for youe vacation, it’s the place of your dreams and the one you have been looking into the most, but because of covid restrictions and budget, it wouldn’t have worked this time, but you saw an ad for Cyprus, it looked great too, and you talk yourself into going there and seeing the positives. But it doesn’t change that you wanted Barcelona in the first place and next summer that will likely still be the destination you will want.
All the evidence shows we looked into Haaland this summer, and the Dortmund asking price was probably prohibitive for everyone who would also interest him, and vice versa. Waiting until the release clause kicked in was not the end of the world, and it became known that it wouldn’t even take long. So now we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.