City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

No but if what is said to have been agreed is believed his agent and him thought they had a gentleman's agreement

Obviously worth fuck all but it shows Levy up for what he is and blocking his move to appease other clubs as alluded to here also could confirm that

Levy is a ****

But wouldnt kane have known levy gentleman's agreement are worth a light. Didnt modric say he also had a gentleman agreement with levy and levy didnt honor that.

Sorry going abit of topic !

The other teams don't want to strengthen us in any way possible. It seems there is quite a lot of paranoia around us becoming a Bayern/PSG/Juventus type club dominating the league, if we win this year it'll be 4/5 so I can't say it's entirely unreasonable.

It's the same kind of mentality that made Burnley part of the hateful 8 clubs who wanted us punished before the CAS verdict. What do Burnley gain? Nothing.

I just assumed they done it as it 'could have' opened up an extra European place and that 'could have' been them at the time.

I don't doubt that there's a lot of hate for us amongst the top clubs, and there's a major clique involving them. I just have my doubts it would or even could go as far as demanding Aston Villa or Tottenham don't sell to us. Money talks and any of those owners wouldn't be keen on not getting 100m or 120m if it was just to satisfy other clubs.

Because as well as being a key player on the UEFA Exec Committee Al Khelaifi (PSG boss) is also boss of Bein Sports who are one of UEFA's biggest sponsors. He also has the support of Bayern Munich who rely heavily on sponsorship from Qatar Airlines (direct state funding?) and Audi (which is part-owned by the Qatar state). Don't forget that Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge was fined in Germany for smuggling two Rolex watches (worth £100,000) back from a business trip to Qatar where he was given the watches as "a gift" in return for his support for the corrupt Qatar World Cup bid. That's just the tip of the iceberg. PSG are inside the tent.
Reading that it seems like the smarmy twat is running uefa ,how they get away with it with the money that league generates is a joke

I just assumed they done it as it 'could have' opened up an extra European place and that 'could have' been them at the time.

I don't doubt that there's a lot of hate for us amongst the top clubs, and there's a major clique involving them. I just have my doubts it would or even could go as far as demanding Aston Villa or Tottenham don't sell to us. Money talks and any of those owners wouldn't be keen on not getting 100m or 120m if it was just to satisfy other clubs.

Haven't done enough digging to suggest anything else, however Americans bought Burnley and leveraged on the club, then said they saw great potential for growth within the town. Now I come from that area and there is zero potential for growth however they could be assisted by their American friends in the PL to the tune of keeping them in there in return for that 1vote. Fuck all to do with thinking Burnley could have had a place in Europe.

City will rue their involvement in the Super League. Had we stayed out we would have missed the backlash and Soriano could have leveraged himself into key positions. Instead we snuck in last and left first. We annoyed every European side not involved in the Super League and also messed up the plans of the other 11 sides. So we get hated by both sides. Plus ca change

Yeah! They MADE us do it!!!

SMH
SMH... That's a strawman if I ever saw one.

I think his point was the selling clubs and greedy agents are equally to blame for the problem of rising prices and yet get away with it Scot free. I'm not with you on this "you can just walk away and have nothing" argument either, nobody buying any players wouldn't be good for the transfer market or the clubs who need to strengthen to grow/stay competitive either.

Personally I think in any form of business, if you start opportunistically raising the prices just because:

You know the customer needs/has their heart set on this commodity and can't go elsewhere,
Or
You know that customer has more money than regular customers,

Then you and your business practices are what are "immoral"(and need looking at in order to solve the problem). Anyone who says otherwise, is probably a business owner, who also likes to have the shirt off everyone's back too and tells themself whatever they need to, to keep doing it.

I've seen similar logic used to justify those who buy up tickets or items in short supply, to force others to pay their gouged prices for something they really want/need. Nobody has to pay but lets not pretend what they are doing isn't wrong.

Last edited:
City will rue their involvement in the Super League. Had we stayed out we would have missed the backlash and Soriano could have leveraged himself into key positions. Instead we snuck in last and left first. We annoyed every European side not involved in the Super League and also messed up the plans of the other 11 sides. So we get hated by both sides. Plus ca change
would liverpool,united and arsenal let soriano represent pl

This makes absolutely no sense.

The Qatar World cup was sorted for Qatar in December 2010. That's when the world cup was 100% going to Qatar. Signed. Sealed. No going back.

That's before they bought PSG. Before all their "extravagance" in the transfer market.

The fact is, despite not happening yet, the World Cup was merely their entrance into football and PSG gives them a great financial asset, huge soft power in France and exceptional visibility.

They are going to keep investing and growing it just like our owners will with City.
You‘re probably right and I agree but the mistake is within how you read my post. What I am meaning is that we won’t see the likes of the money spent on Mbappe and Neymar and, as you said, will come more in line with how we do business once they’ve gone all out to win the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.