Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s sad that when I use to read the online media 10 years ago i enjoyed its content. Not a lot of bullshit about city but there again not much written about city. Now it’s a quick glance at the so called quality papers and the red tops, usually what would have taken me a good hour of perusing has now become speed reading then jump onto blue moon to calm down.

Completely agree with this. It gets worse every season, with the exception of our centurions season. I just find myself getting angrier and angrier with how all media outlets belittle us and our achievements, whilst continuing to blow smoke up rag arses.

I just find I’m losing interest in all football now apart from any positives about City.

BBC coverage of City might not be ideal but we get far better coverage on there than elsewhere. Referring this evening to story on Cole Palmer goal for U21s
I agree. Sky (And all other commercial media) need the financial kick from having pro-utd/lfc coverage. The BBC just have fanboys of those clubs trying to push their agenda.

Completely agree with this. It gets worse every season, with the exception of our centurions season. I just find myself getting angrier and angrier with how all media outlets belittle us and our achievements, whilst continuing to blow smoke up rag arses.

I just find I’m losing interest in all football now apart from any positives about City.
Then they're achieving what they want. Fuck em. They know how good we are by how much sensationlist bollocks they come out with. Pep taking bungs was the pinnacle.

I actually think it's gotten better over the last cuople of seasons, almost as if we're becoming appreciated. But I have given up twitter recently.

The Ronaldo signing is a typical Rag move , they are like the Harlem Globetrotters of football , style over substance , only they have zero style. For all the unprecendented bullshit they will be a laughing stock at the end of the season if they end up potless for the seventh season on the trot , we may have the most expensive assembled squad in europe , but if it is broken down into price per trophy the the Rags and Dippers are not in the same league , we have trounced both of them for over a decade.
They had both better get used to it , because the next decade is going to be exactly the same.
But but but, what about when the owners get bored and the oil runs out and Pep leaves? ;-)

The double standards of the media concerning the Der Spiegel articles is stark but sadly not surprising. There is a document there in which Ronaldo admits being a rapist, the authenticity of which has not been refuted, but none of the mainstream media have dared mention it in any of their reporting. I am 100% sure that if we'd have signed him the likes of Delooney would have been shouting from the rooftops about it.

I would love Pep to mention it obliquely in his press conference when he is asked why we didn't sign him. Maybe he could just say we felt it would have been bad for the club's image if we had signed him.

The double standards of the media concerning the Der Spiegel articles is stark but sadly not surprising. There is a document there in which Ronaldo admits being a rapist, the authenticity of which has not been refuted, but none of the mainstream media have dared mention it in any of their reporting. I am 100% sure that if we'd have signed him the likes of Delooney would have been shouting from the rooftops about it.

I would love Pep to mention it obliquely in his press conference when he is asked why we didn't sign him. Maybe he could just say we felt it would have been bad for the club's image if we had signed him.
We could sign mother Teresa, Gandy and Princess Diana and we'd still be called an evil empire.

It is what it is sadly, in time it may change.

Not sure we should be wading into that particular moral minefield as long as we’ve got Mendy on the books.

The Torygraph are running with a campaign to stop football's Saturday 3PM televised blackout in the UK because ...

"Cristiano Ronaldo's return is for everyone to see."

[No irony as the Article is hidden behind a paywall]
Very good twitter thread on the 3pm blackout and why it only exists in England can be read here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.