General Videogame Thread

Is the PlayStation convention today?

I'm hoping they show some GOW4 footage and maybe a teaser for FF7R Part 2 but one can dream

Thursday I thought...

This is music to my ears.

Also mentioning 'This in turn is supposed to be a counter to the PlayStation 5 Slim model, which is alleged to be launching in late 2022.'

I'm not too keen on the PS5 currently with it's lack of games and the console itself is blimin' massive. Hopefully those two issues will be gone by then.

Thursday I thought...

This is music to my ears.

Also mentioning 'This in turn is supposed to be a counter to the PlayStation 5 Slim model, which is alleged to be launching in late 2022.'

I'm not too keen on the PS5 currently with it's lack of games and the console itself is blimin' massive. Hopefully those two issues will be gone by then.
Microsoft are also releasing a bigger marketing banner on games to let you know that exactly the same game looks a bit nicer on the £500 new kit.

Underwhelmed by my series X would be an understatement...I think my tv can upscale HD to something approximating 4k on its own

Underwhelmed by my series X would be an understatement...I think my tv can upscale HD to something approximating 4k on its own

What does this even mean? Don't tell me your another one who can't tell the difference between HD and 4K?

What does this even mean? Don't tell me your another one who can't tell the difference between HD and 4K?

To be fair mate that's not uncommon, I genuinely can't tell the difference when viewing a film although I have no experience in actually playing a game in 4K.

Your eyesight the distance you are sat from the screen and the size of your screen all come into play.

I plugged it a while back but seeing as it's been out now for a couple of weeks and is showing it's promise as a game of the year contender I can wholeheartedly recommend Psychonauts 2. It's such a rare treat of creativity that it deserves to sell by the bucketload. Doublefine are such a talented studio and Tim Schafer is a legend of videogaming. If you have Gamepass it's free so there's no reason not to give it a go.

I plugged it a while back but seeing as it's been out now for a couple of weeks and is showing it's promise as a game of the year contender I can wholeheartedly recommend Psychonauts 2. It's such a rare treat of creativity that it deserves to sell by the bucketload. Doublefine are such a talented studio and Tim Schafer is a legend of videogaming. If you have Gamepass it's free so there's no reason not to give it a go.
Got game pass so will give that a go. It looks beautiful.
cheers.

I think it depends on your TV, whether it does good HDR and the distance you sit from it. My OLED looks stunning and I sit about 6 foot from it, still looks good further away but not as impressive as nearer. Can’t wait to get my 77 inch one and sit about 6 foot away, I saw one in Costco today absolutely beautiful.

I think it depends on your TV, whether it does good HDR and the distance you sit from it. My OLED looks stunning and I sit about 6 foot from it, still looks good further away but not as impressive as nearer. Can’t wait to get my 77 inch one and sit about 6 foot away, I saw one in Costco today absolutely beautiful.
Mind if I ask what size TV you use? Glad someone brought this up because i'm currently in the market for an OLED. At the min I just have a 40 inch 4k ULTRA HD TV, but i'm sat 5/6ft away and it doesn't take much room. Regardless, i'm going up in size but I'm not sure if to opt for 48 or 55.

Got a PS5 through EE the other day, wasn't really expecting to get one this year but got lucky. Thought I would push the boat out for an OLED TV now it's here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.