Ref Watch

Tierney is just plain shit but Atwell when he officiates us is not down to him being shit but something else
When Tierney got on the PiGMOL list I thought he was an even-handed whistler, but over the last season or so he has joined the other wankers in writing and rewriting the LotG as the game progresses. Attwell is contemptible.

Paul Tierney was promoted to the FIFA list of referees in 2018. I wonder what the criteria is for this. Is it continuous outstanding performance as a referee, or is it by nomination by the local association? I suspect it is the latter.

There is no way Tierney is one of our best referees. To me, he always looks just semi-competent. He doesn't carry that air of arrogance, that verges on authority that many referees have. Think of Clattenberg, Dean, Atkinson, and many others. Rightly or wrongly, they have that belief that they are right, and are confident in their decisions. Tierney appears to try to have that same conviction, but he really doesn't convey it.

It could be that he is just a puppet, implementing the will of Riley et al. Is he repaying his boss for the faith shown in him by PGMOL, with a determination not to let down the likes of Riley. We all know what that means in real life.

So, allow play to continue after Ederson takes a kick to the head, but blow up for a spurious infringement after a goalmouth scramble at the other end. Caution Laporte when Vardy fakes contact by holding his head, but no caution for similar fouls by Leicester players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.