RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Dear Mr Pep,

You are a sensational football manager (although at times, especially ahead of big games, you do overthink things a little) - but please, stick to continuing to give us amazing football and cut out the disrespect for the fans. This is our club - we were here before the Sheik and will be here long after.

I wasn't there tonight, and I am sorry, but as a 30 year season ticket holder, who lives in London, its not easy anymore to make a mid-week game when the trains stop at 8pm and the drive home now takes 6-7 hours as our creaking motorways are reduced to one lane after 11pm. It was also Yom Kippur, for those in the know.

I have been home and away for 30 years. I was one of the 80,000 at York away and did Lokeren, Poznan, Copenhagen, Turin and even the utterly pointless game at Santander as well as the more glamorous away days in Paris, Madrid and Porto. Like all the other Blues, I have spent a fortune and nearly lost a marriage following this Club.

I haven't missed a game this season until tonight, despite the Club putting every possible complication in front of us Legacy fans...from a mobile ticket system that was built by blind Gerbils to a ticket office run by Michel Vonk and Lee Bradbury. And that's without respecting the fact that many fans are still worried about Covid, let alone the financial challenges many are facing following the last 18 months. So...with the greatest of respect and with heartfelt appreciation for everything you do for our players - fuck off talking about our commitment to the Club we love.

The atmosphere at Leicester was amazing - non-stop singing from well before kick off - and at the final whistle? Two thirds of the players headed directly up the tunnel to go count their money and I didn't see you join Jack, Phil and Fernandinho when they bothered to come over and applaud.

So Pep - we love you. You have given us the most amazing things on the pitch, and we are all in awe of your genius - but please respect the reality that many fans now find themselves facing, as we respect your football greatness.

Just been told my train up to the Southampton game has been cancelled, but I will make the drive to make sure I am especially loud and proud for you on Saturday (although Doris, who sits in front of me, always tell me I am far too loud - so I will direct her to you).

CTID.
Someone should have Mr. Guardiola read this and then he should pin it on his wall for the rest of the season.

Soz Pep, but my disposable income this month is going towards my old rescue dogs veterinary bills, unfortunately we don’t live in the same bubble as football players and managers etc, so you lot carry on wiping your arses with £50 notes whilst we deal with reality !

Anyway, I thought they’d done away with this forensic analysis of ‘offside’ goals, or is that reserved for “special occasions “ ?

Well done City, very entertaining game.

Dear Mr Pep,

You are a sensational football manager (although at times, especially ahead of big games, you do overthink things a little) - but please, stick to continuing to give us amazing football and cut out the disrespect for the fans. This is our club - we were here before the Sheik and will be here long after.

I wasn't there tonight, and I am sorry, but as a 30 year season ticket holder, who lives in London, its not easy anymore to make a mid-week game when the trains stop at 8pm and the drive home now takes 6-7 hours as our creaking motorways are reduced to one lane after 11pm. It was also Yom Kippur, for those in the know.

I have been home and away for 30 years. I was one of the 80,000 at York away and did Lokeren, Poznan, Copenhagen, Turin and even the utterly pointless game at Santander as well as the more glamorous away days in Paris, Madrid and Porto. Like all the other Blues, I have spent a fortune and nearly lost a marriage following this Club.

I haven't missed a game this season until tonight, despite the Club putting every possible complication in front of us Legacy fans...from a mobile ticket system that was built by blind Gerbils to a ticket office run by Michel Vonk and Lee Bradbury. And that's without respecting the fact that many fans are still worried about Covid, let alone the financial challenges many are facing following the last 18 months. So...with the greatest of respect and with heartfelt appreciation for everything you do for our players - fuck off talking about our commitment to the Club we love.

The atmosphere at Leicester was amazing - non-stop singing from well before kick off - and at the final whistle? Two thirds of the players headed directly up the tunnel to go count their money and I didn't see you join Jack, Phil and Fernandinho when they bothered to come over and applaud.

So Pep - we love you. You have given us the most amazing things on the pitch, and we are all in awe of your genius - but please respect the reality that many fans now find themselves facing, as we respect your football greatness.

Just been told my train up to the Southampton game has been cancelled, but I will make the drive to make sure I am especially loud and proud for you on Saturday (although Doris, who sits in front of me, always tell me I am far too loud - so I will direct her to you).

CTID.
I attended my first game tonight since before the pandemic. I used to street park about 1 1/2 miles away from the ground. I'm nearly 61 and my worsening health condition prevents me walking too far. I decided to book a prepaid official car park at £8 a shot, near to the stadium for where we approach from. It was Green car park. We got there just after 7pm, only to be told it was full?!!! If I've prepaid and booked with confirmation how can it be full and me turned away! We were directed to Orange Car Park. Took an age to get there. Missed the start of the game. Just got to our seats as Ake scored. Sit in SS3 and as my Grandson said I probably had to walk more tonight than we did when we street parked for free. Getting off the official car park was a pain. Got home 1hr 15mins later than we usually do. I now live 18 miles away from the stadium. From setting off, watching the game, and getting home with the frustrations of stranded vehicles on the M602, Green Car Park full was 6 hours! I could have done an away trip quicker. I think we should be applauded for the herculian effort we make getting to games. No disrespect to Pep but I think he needs to realise the obsticales, frustrations and total ballache of trying to attend games.

Of course he shouldn’t be saying anything about the fans but it’s probably a culmination of the quiet atmospheres and early leavers we have at most home games not just at this match. There’s no way he would want to insult us. He’s simply misguided. I think that in his head he demands perfection from everyone at the club and in a way he would like that from the fans too with more passion and enthusiasm for the team and style of play.

We turn up in league games. Loads of us have a disconnect with the champions League. Add on the absolute shit transport system in Manchester, especially after 6pm and the cost of going to every game in these financially challenging times and something has to give. We're not all wealthy people like Pep and the players he needs to give it a fucking rest.
I second that.

Spot on he needs to get in the real fucking world. Look around Europe, including his beloved Barcelona, empty seats everywhere. I've got a season ticket but i feel like swerving the Southampton game in protest. I won't of course, I'll be there just like I was at Maine Road in the old third division. Maybe him and the players could chip in some of their millions to fund cheaper tickets and transport. I won't hold my breath
The fans turned up in Porto in their thousands, pity the team didn’t Pep.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.