So come on and hold me tight
You move me

FO DEN
You make my heart sing
You make everything groovy
FO DEN

Come on, come on, FO DEN
Shake it, shake it, FO DEN

My guess is that there were about 43/44k there which was more than I expected.
Champs, league games generally attract a lot of foreign visitors who likely aren't In the country now due to Covid. Couple that with no ticket exchange and the right to transfer tickets only being agreed 24 hrs before kick off plus I know quite a few who gave up trying to buy a ticket after getting error messages about IP shopper addresses and there is no shame in the crowd we had.
Possibly biggest game of the week was Barca v Bayern with rafts of empty seats even taking into account the covid restrictions but no one is, talking about there empty seats.
We will never shift the tag because the world has too many immature 15 year old sat in their bedrooms who think it makes them tough to mock so we just need to ignore it and realise that this is all they have to beat us with right now.
Atmosphere I didn't think was great started off well then petered out but again poor atmospheres apply at many stadiums not just ours

I think pep knows it is always a slow start for city in the CL with fans, the competing itself is set up that way... Dead rubbers until knock outs. But he's got a point with fans not turning up and we all know it despite the outrage.

I am sure come Saturday the ground will be bouncing, the players need that from the fans without doubt.
Spurs sold out their Conference league qualifier. Sick of this dead rubber nonsense. Literally only fans who have excuses about “online tickets” or working “late shifts” or “no money” etc etc. So nobody in Liverpool or any other city has that problem do they? End of the day I think some of our fans are pretty arrogant towards the whole thing. Remember how rocking the place was when we beat Spurs (crouch OG) to get champions league. Then when we actually do and play Napoli (the first CL game in our history) we got 38,000… End of the day our fans weirdly prefer watching Fulham or Norwich or Southampton than Leipzig or Shakhtar or Roma. Wierd mentally we have as a fan base

Think the atmosphere is like being in a church or library at times .
Do the fans get behind the team like utd ,liverpool ,celtic & rangers fans do for home games , to be honest i don't think they do, city fans can be reserved at times for average games.
Think pepe is getting a tiny bit cheesed off with it & the empty seats will decide his next career move eventually .
In club football he has no next move.

No other club would give him the funds or complete control he enjoys at City. The entire project has been about getting him and keeping him.

I hope he delivers the Champions League before he goes, that's why he's here.

If we're honest the atmosphere and songs recently haven't been anywhere near as catchy / entertaining as
Balotelli Song
YA YA YA YA YA

I do think there is an element of expectancy and laziness among many fans, waiting for City to make us sing, not us singing for City to play

"Wild Thing"
(originally by The Wild Ones)

FO DEN
You make my heart sing
FO DEN

FO DEN, I think I love you
But I wanna know for sure
I love you

FO DEN
You make my heart sing
FO DEN

FO DEN, I think you move me
But I wanna know for sure
You move me

FO DEN
You make my heart sing
FO DEN

Come on, come on, FO DEN
Shake it, shake it, FO DEN
Thanks, we'll keep your considerable input in mind and get back to you when we've mastered the basics or we ever run out of material.

As a club we're currently deluding ourselves that the stadium configuration or the lack of new material is holding us back.

It's simpler than that. People need to join in the songs.

He seems twitchy this season.

I do agree with some of what he says but we are a local working class club at the end of the day. I bet 90% of our support at games lives within a 15/20 mile radius. It will take a few more years to get that international following like other teams.

Think the atmosphere is like being in a church or library at times .
Do the fans get behind the team like utd ,liverpool ,celtic & rangers fans do for home games , to be honest i don't think they do, city fans can be reserved at times for average games.
Think pepe is getting a tiny bit cheesed off with it & the empty seats will decide his next career move eventually .
This is a load of shite. The atmosphere at the old firm clubs is piss poor when they’re at home to the likes of St Johnstone and St Mirren. In big games it is something else though. I won’t even comment on the other two who have the exact same problem as us for the majority of games atmosphere wise

Thanks, we'll keep your considerable input in mind and get back to you when we've mastered the basics or we ever run out of material.

As a club we're currently deluding ourselves that the stadium configuration or the lack of new material is holding us back.

It's simpler than that. People need to join in the songs.
I 100% agree by the way

Concourse booming but less effort during match

Foden really deserves a decent song, you're right though I'm no lyrical genius, if only we could get Oasis back together to make some new City songs then the fans will sing them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.