#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't believe Waistcoat dropped him at the Euros. Absolute moron.

Looking at one of England's most gifted players in the last 20 years here.

His crossing ability in elite as is most parts of his game.
My son asked what fodens best talent is and i started with dribbling but quickly added hes also got great control, passing, shooting, crossing…basically everything.

My son asked what fodens best talent is and i started with dribbling but quickly added hes also got great control, passing, shooting, crossing…basically everything.
I think his shooting needs more work.

Take that chance at Old Trafford the other week that hit the post: Phil shut his eyes and moved his head away from the ball in a strange movement as he went to strike it, that’s poor technique that. Watch the world’s best shooters over the years, it’s like they have laser beams in their eyes that lock onto the ball when shooting.

He’s also had a number of situations where his shot placement decisions have been poor - the chance at Liverpool after Bernardo’s great run, for example. he didn’t place it where he should have.

There are a lot of things he needs to work on with his shooting.

But I am talking about this in terms of making him one of the world’s best players here, I’m not saying he’s shit or owt haha.

He's had a bit of a stop/start season with injuries but his performance against Watford was excellent , he will kick on for the second part of the season and i can see Pep utilising him as a false nine in the big games he has the intelligence to play that position , just hope refs show him some protection and he has to become more streetwise like Grealish and win the free kicks instead of riding the bad tackles.

I think his shooting needs more work.

Take that chance at Old Trafford the other week that hit the post: Phil shut his eyes and moved his head away from the ball in a strange movement as he went to strike it, that’s poor technique that. Watch the world’s best shooters over the years, it’s like they have laser beams in their eyes that lock onto the ball when shooting.

He’s also had a number of situations where his shot placement decisions have been poor - the chance at Liverpool after Bernardo’s great run, for example. he didn’t place it where he should have.

There are a lot of things he needs to work on with his shooting.

But I am talking about this in terms of making him one of the world’s best players here, I’m not saying he’s shit or owt haha.
Agree with most of what you say.
I do think the Liverpool chance altho he should have prob scored,ignores the very competent closing down of the shot by their keeper,who shot off his line quickly and closed down the space very very well.imo.
I could be wrong..but I've seen many top strikers fail to get a clean shot away in similar position.
Will watch it again just to make sure ;)

One good effort to hit the post but very disappointing apart from that. His play was so predictable which is unlike Phil.

One of the poorer halves from Phil. Can't seem to get into the game, and when he did, his dribbling was predictable, and his crosses were off.

Good shot though.

I've said it before- he's wasted on the wing. Especially vs fast and physical fullbacks. He needs to be in the center of the park, turning with the ball and attacking defenses.

Pep said he had problems with his ankle and was taken off at halftime as precaution? Why on earth would you play him to begin with if he's still having issues with it in a meaningless game.. Pep has had a mare today

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.