#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He came of at half time because of his ankle pep said the same ankle that Southgate played him when injured the **** because since that injury he hasn’t been back fully fit.

He came of at half time because of his ankle pep said the same ankle that Southgate played him when injured the **** because since that injury he hasn’t been back fully fit.
where did he say that? Phil suffered a foot injury with England. The ankle injury is from the everton game when he got rolled up on.

Dont understand playing him if its not right. Sounds like it might need managing so playing him so soon after Watford in a meaningless game isnt the best move

where did he say that? Phil suffered a foot injury with England. The ankle injury is from the everton game when he got rolled up on.
Gordon did that on purpose, he's a sly little fucker, barged Tierney in the back and into the advertising hoarding's last night, he's going to injure someone badly soon.

I've said it before- he's wasted on the wing. Especially vs fast and physical fullbacks. He needs to be in the center of the park, turning with the ball and attacking defenses.
I agree that he'd be able to showcase a lot more of his qualities if he was more central. The problem is that playing in midfield in a Guardiola team is so demanding and clearly Pep isn't ready to trust him in that role yet, at least not against good teams anyway. I remember he started in midfield away at Leeds last season and the game kind of passed him by. Since then he's only really got a chance to play there against lower league sides in the cups or maybe if a game is pretty much won, Pep might sub a midfielder off and move Phil there. It's a gradual process but I do think he'll end up in midfield in a couple of seasons, perhaps when KDB and Gundogan are either playing a lot less or have left the club.

I agree that he'd be able to showcase a lot more of his qualities if he was more central. The problem is that playing in midfield in a Guardiola team is so demanding and clearly Pep isn't ready to trust him in that role yet, at least not against good teams anyway. I remember he started in midfield away at Leeds last season and the game kind of passed him by. Since then he's only really got a chance to play there against lower league sides in the cups or maybe if a game is pretty much won, Pep might sub a midfielder off and move Phil there. It's a gradual process but I do think he'll end up in midfield in a couple of seasons, perhaps when KDB and Gundogan are either playing a lot less or have left the club.
He is 21. If Pep dosent trust him at 21 to play in central midfield. He never will.

With foden range of passing and his ability to beat players. He can be the best midfielder in the Premier league.

He would blow that pretender jorginho out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.