Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
If it were reasonable, I'd like to give Ederson a go.

I'm extremely nervous when Mahrez takes pens - but he's hit his most recent attempts, convincingly.
I might be wrong (probably am) but it feels like Mahrez goes for the exact same penalty all the time? He needs to mix it up a bit. The next keeper won’t inexplicably dive to the side he never hits it. The one v Arsenal wasn’t all that close to the corner and would have been saved if he went the right way. I’m still not convinced by his penalties, despite his recent record.

Our last four penalties, if i remember right, an awful penalty by Sterling that scored a good penalty by Mahrez that scored a good penalty by Sterling that he scored and a bad penalty by Jesus that was saved, Jesus`s penalty as with a penalty scored by Arsenal a couple of weeks ago has been outlawed, you can not stop on your run up, just who is training these players? every player should be able to rocket a shot into the top corner.

I might be wrong (probably am) but it feels like Mahrez goes for the exact same penalty all the time? He needs to mix it up a bit. The next keeper won’t inexplicably dive to the side he never hits it. The one v Arsenal wasn’t all that close to the corner and would have been saved if he went the right way. I’m still not convinced by his penalties, despite his recent record.
He definitely favours going to the keeper’s left but he did score a convincing pen into the opposite corner in the game at Brugge so he can do it.

Gabby’s record from the spot is horrendous. He’s now missed five of the nine he’s taken for us and the two of the four he did score came in a 6-0 win against Shakhtar Donetsk. He also missed both of the pens he’s taken for Brazil so he’s failed to score seven of the last 11 he’s taken.
I’d keep him away from pens by whatever means necessary, including any possible shootouts.
The fact he is allowed anywhere near one with a record as shit as that is quite unbelievable. That’s his record in total I think. 7 misses in 11.

Kane usually goes for his twat it in the top corner penalty, and it works. If you've got something that works, stick with it.

I bet Rodri and Cancelo could both absolutely smash the net. Just tell them to do a proper run up and fucking leather it.

I bet Rodri and Cancelo could both absolutely smash the net. Just tell them to do a proper run up and fucking leather it.

Rodri's last penalty, although successful,was sketchy.

Would certainly expect Cancelo to be a good penalty taker as he is a clean striker of the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.