Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
If it were reasonable, I'd like to give Ederson a go.

I'm extremely nervous when Mahrez takes pens - but he's hit his most recent attempts, convincingly.

1. Mahrez
2. Gundo (surprised he didn't take it last night)
3. Raz
Gundogan probably is next in line behind Mahrez but I imagine he didn't take it last night because we already know he's fairly reliable from the spot.

3-0 up against league 2 opposition is the perfect chance to try out other options, we've been doing similar with Sterling recently. I think we've probably worked out that Jesus shouldn't be anywhere near penalties now though.

I'd like to see KDB, Bernardo and Foden take one when there's less jeopardy as we could do with having four or five reliable takers.

Anybody, whether they are putting it on the spot at Hough End or a pro picking up a quarter million each month, can miss a pen. I thought last night that the fuckin' goal shrank as Gabby was weighing it up. Alex Harley always walked three or so paces back after putting it on the spot and immediately turned round and whacked it in. He said that by doing the pen like that the net always seemed bigger. What I cannot understand is how pros cannot put a ball four feet or so off the ground at either end of the goals - nobody would save it there, unless they were seven feet six inches tall and had hands like shovels. But, there again, we have the time and state of the game to accommodate. Dippers at Anfield, last gasp at 0-0 and, whoa, over the fuckin' bar!

Harley also said that it gave the goalie no chance of working out where he was going to put it. Turn around and bang ! Back of the net.

Gundogan probably is next in line behind Mahrez but I imagine he didn't take it last night because we already know he's fairly reliable from the spot.

3-0 up against league 2 opposition is the perfect chance to try out other options, we've been doing similar with Sterling recently. I think we've probably worked out that Jesus shouldn't be anywhere near penalties now though.

I'd like to see KDB, Bernardo and Foden take one when there's less jeopardy as we could do with having four or five reliable takers.
Good point!

Gabby’s record from the spot is horrendous. He’s now missed five of the nine he’s taken for us and the two of the four he did score came in a 6-0 win against Shakhtar Donetsk. He also missed both of the pens he’s taken for Brazil so he’s failed to score seven of the last 11 he’s taken.
I’d keep him away from pens by whatever means necessary, including any possible shootouts.

EVERYONE knew Jesus was going to miss. He is atrocious at penalties and always has been. Apart from Mahrez's first pen for us which we all know about, every other pen he's taken for us has been excellent and very convincing.

I wish pep would lay down the law on pens a bit more, random players keep grabbing it and walking to the spot with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.