Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Haaland on a six? 5 is the longest we’ve handed out in one contract
In recent times we sign a lot of our players to 6 year contracts:

- Laporte - 6 years (signed after 1 year at the club)

- Ben Mendy - 6 years

- Grealish - 6 years

- Palmer - 6 years

- Dias - 6 years (signed after 1 year at the club)

- Bernardo Silva - 6 years (signed after 1 year at the club)

Anyone young with potential we try and protect the asset with more years. We could well end up signing him for 5 years then give him a bumper the next year thatll extend him to 7 in total. When City are paying £100m+ theyd ask for 6 years just so the player doenst leave for a free in 5 years. Its a return of bargaining power in return for better fees etc.

In recent times we sign a lot of our players to 6 year contracts:

- Laporte - 6 years (signed after 1 year at the club)

- Ben Mendy - 6 years

- Grealish - 6 years

- Palmer - 6 years

- Dias - 6 years (signed after 1 year at the club)

- Bernardo Silva - 6 years (signed after 1 year at the club)

Anyone young with potential we try and protect the asset with more years. We could well end up signing him for 5 years then give him a bumper the next year thatll extend him to 7 in total. When City are paying £100m+ theyd ask for 6 years just so the player doenst leave for a free in 5 years. Its a return of bargaining power in return for better fees etc.
Only grealish was actually 6 years, the rest were extensions on existing taking it to 6 years.. i can see them offering Haaland 6 though, agreed.

No one will pay him 1m a week

£64m buyout
20m agent fee
20m dad fee
20m Haaland sign on fee
150m Haaland 6 year contract

= £274m Total

Bargain.

i think they would... barca madrid would defo and without blinking

i think manchester city can be very clever and get puma to part sponsor the deal and get him to be the leading figure with puma merchandise. but if manchester city really want to take on the big clubs in europe and get the best players then we have to start paying top wages ?

manchester city if the truth be told was ready to pay ronaldo near £1million a week to come and play for us ?

Actually, when Sam Lee says we are “prepared to fight until the end”, I read that as participating in a war. In a way, the way we kept improving our Kane offers to Levy was almost that already, despite people claiming we never go beyond our valuations

valuation is not the issue here ? its the wages reported that madrid and maybe barca are willing to pay.
manchester city will try and sell the project to haaland and working with pep also would be a selling point.
but the truth is its about wages ? if somebody offers crazy money how can you turn it down when its your future sorted.

i do feel haaland wants manchester city but also wants the sort of money he can get elsewhere and why not ?
we all would do the same thing with family first

I only know haaland , I’ve heard we are after 2 more as well , a left back and holding midfield replacement for Fernandinho but not heard heard any names. If I hear anything will post , wouldn’t post any false information.
Hope ur right pal,without a doubt could happen,i just hope city finally show every one how big there nutsak is ,and get this guy

Like break it down

£125m fee / 5 years = £25m

£400k wages = £20.8m a year

Kanes per year cost = £46.8m

----------------

I expect City to sign Haalnd for 6 years.

Haaland = £64m + £40m in fees / 6 = £17.3m

Haaland Wages 500k = £26m a year

Haaland per year cost = £43.3

Then you look at the age. Haaland 4 years in will be 25 years old costing us £43.3m a year. Kane would be 33 years old costing us £46.8m a year. I definitely know who id rather be dumping all that money into. Not to mention If Haaland signed a new deal half way through those fees get further spread out. City might only amortise the transfer fee too and put the signing on bonuses in a yearly hit.
Great post,rearly does put it into perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.