Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Agree. Thought it sounded decent yesterday given the high stakes. A lot of this is down to media bollocks, guardian report of the match saying the support from city and Chelsea was flat for example. Not really the reality. Changes to stadiums, changes to the match going routine mean it isn’t the same as the old days, but then again I don’t remember a cauldron of noise at every match at every ground.

just listened to the Liverpool Brentford match on the radio. It might get pimped but definitely wasn’t pumped. Came across as nervous and therefore quiet until they got a third, then it sounded a bit like a rugby league match - bit of singing, nothing to write home about. Not a sly dig at them, just the way it is at most places, even though the media will put YNWA on a pedestal, possibly because of guilt or lots of 80s fanboys are now working in the media.
The Grauniad sent 3 journos to our Champs League game in Madrid, to do a hatchet job about our FFP charges. They wanted to celebrate the death knell of City as a major force and have ended up on their arses.

Chelsea’s support was good in the first half and I found the inflatable European Cups funny for quarter of an hour. We raised our voices, mainly, after KDB’s goal and he / she who laughs last, laughs longest. One Step Beyond!!!

Maybe they give that piped in chanting another go. Thought it went down really well in that 11am game against Everton a few years back.
Jesus Christ, was hoping that was just a bad dream and it never happened. Never forget hearing chanting, no one chanting, and then realising what was going on and everything in the world becoming bad.

Anyway, we had a spare ticket yday for the game so my mrs joined us. Was a season ticket holder at goodison for years and thought the atmosphere was great. That said, she did say the atmosphere at goodison wasn't the greatest of yard sticks with which to judge by.

The Grauniad sent 3 journos to our Champs League game in Madrid, to do a hatchet job about our FFP charges. They wanted to celebrate the death knell of City as a major force and have ended up on their arses.

Chelsea’s support was good in the first half and I found the inflatable European Cups funny for quarter of an hour. We raised our voices, mainly, after KDB’s goal and he / she who laughs last, laughs longest. One Step Beyond!!!
Guardian will never write an article about us without a negative reference - not about how the team played, tactics etc which should always be the case - but the negativity is always snide, aiming to be insidious.

Jesus Christ, was hoping that was just a bad dream and it never happened. Never forget hearing chanting, no one chanting, and then realising what was going on and everything in the world becoming bad.

Anyway, we had a spare ticket yday for the game so my mrs joined us. Was a season ticket holder at goodison for years and thought the atmosphere was great. That said, she did say the atmosphere at goodison wasn't the greatest of yard sticks with which to judge by.
It was ok yesterday for a 12.30 game. Particularly after we scored. Nothing special but ok.

The piped in music was hilarious. Most people were still waking up due to the early start and then “We love you city, we do” pipes up!

I’m thinking where the hell is that coming from? Then realisation crept in! Not our finest moment.

Think the biggest issue is the choice of songs, there were occasions where the game picked up, but then the songs just killed it. The Dzeko song for instance just doesn't carry around the ground. When it was Blue Moon/We're not really here it gets the rest of the ground going.
Been saying this for ages.

Been saying this for ages.
The songs need to be simple otherwise they don’t carry. Some lads have been coming up with some belting new songs this season at aways but they will never take on as they are too complex.
My favourite city chant has one word in it….CITY! CITY! CITY! CITY! It makes the hairs on my neck stand up when the whole ground does it.

So City generate a better atmosphere than dippers ?. It has a lot to do with it still being the old stadium but the fact is Anfiled is noisy as fck whether you want to admit it or not. Grow tf up

Just seen this post. Obviously a person who has never been to Anfield or more likely a person who goes every week supporting the Dippers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.