Coronavirus (2022) thread

It's up to you.

Double jabbed isn't generally regarded as fully vaxxed.

Vax effect fades over time, booster makes it less likely you'll personally end up in hospital and boosting the whole population reduces the huge impact covid is having on the health service.

No idea why you wouldn't want a booster in those circumstances, but it's your decision (unless you want to go to France, of course, & maybe other countries, I'm not up to speed on general requirements).
When we went to Spain for the Athletico game, they were recognising fully vaxxed as either boosted or two jabs less than 270 days ago. My son had Covid in December at the time he was due to get boosted so missed the booster then and didn't get round to it before Spain. He was at 265 days so just made it. He's had his booster this week. I think quite a lot of countries use similar criteria.

It didn't for my wife and youngest, who both have been feeling sick for a week. They started feeling bad last Thurs, tested positive Saturday, and their worst day was Sunday, so 3-4 days after feeling sick and the day after testing +.

They are far better today (Weds) -- nearly normal, though still testing faintly positive on the test. I didn't actually know the line on the test is stronger or weaker depending on where in the "process" one is.

Wife has four shots and daughter (16) has 3. Both have cough and are tired with a little headache but no fever and no taste/smell loss. Just a bad cold. It's down to just a cough now.

Oddly neither I nor my oldest got it. They were in France right before they started feeling bad and me and the older kid were in the UK. Somehow they tested negative pre-flight (requirement to enter the US still) so they are wondering if maybe they caught it on the plane home. And me and the oldest were out of town when they tested so we may have missed the incubation period. We've just opened the windows all week and are all wearing masks and not getting too close.

Neither of them felt as lousy as I did four weeks ago when I had a monster cold but not COVID. That cold took two weeks to ease up and I'm STILL feeling it.
I've felt much better since day 3. Still coughing a bit but no big deal. Even at its worst it was only like a heavy cold. The worst symptoms were kept in check by co-dydromol and whisky.

Depends if you want to go abroad. Different rules for different places. Safest to just do it.

I prob will, just easier - but assumed all requirements might be dropped in time

I go to Greece in June (last jabbed 16th July)

* just got a business trip to Brussels booked for end of next month, i need to be boostered. 3rd jab it is!

Last edited:
Just to warn not to panic if the media report the Gov UK England death number today as 624.

In reality that is very misleading and they might not spot why on the news. Just that on its own it is the highest number posted since February 2021 and they usually like a scare.

In truth only 211 were reported from England hospitals today - up from 187 last week. And that 211 had a lot of catch up from the holidays.

Gov UK has just posted for three days over the past 7 days and the other four days all show zero.

So they have not spread it out as it was when reported by England hospitals they just logged the lower numbers for each day over the Bank Holiday as zero.

The weekly total for those seven days is 624 + 443 + 411 - with the four days before that all zero. A total of 1478 for the week.

Last weeks total was 295 + 615 + 240 + 301 + ZERO + ZERO + 302 - just the weekends showing zero even though numbers were actually recorded for that weekend too.

This totals 1451 = what has happened - deaths have effectively flattened off and will likely be falling now as cases and hospital numbers are down.

This is purely an artefact of the way Gov UK are reporting the numbers NOT a sudden big jump up in deaths.

Indeed there is another big fall in England hospital patients today.

Down a whopping 772 - biggest daily fall in some time. Down to 13,392 V 14,955 last Thursday.

Every region is down a lot - mostly over 100 patients today. North West falls by 108 to 1995.

Ventilated patients also down 15 today to 294 V 299 last week.

So the big fall in cases is happily being matched now by big falls in hospital numbers too - which is the real story right now. Not the misleading big death number in England today.

More good news today. Another fall of 509 patients in England to 12,883 V 14,394 last Friday.

Every region down well again - North West by 105 to 1890 V 2188 last Friday

Ventilators down 11 to 283. North West down 6 to 30.

The Zoe predicted cases are accelerating downward day to day - see graph below.

Care Home outbreaks where reported falling too - Northern Ireland 106 V 120 last week.

1650640621972.png

For the first time since before Christmas all ten Greater Manchester boroughs reported fewer than 100 cases today. Manchester on 99 the most.

North West also sub 2000 on 1998 for the first time too,

Not going to report more from here on unless something big changes. Or someone asks a question I can answer.

Even Northern Ireland is back to having zero Covid patients needing a ventilator.

After 2 years I think the time has come to say this is as over as it is ever going to be.

@Healdplace I really hope you're right and it's heading towards 'just another illness' and if so, as I've not seen much if any of your posts elsewhere I'd like to personally express my thanks to you for wading through a sea of shite and providing proper factual & concise figures over the last couple of years.

Enjoy book writing and moving in the shadows. ;)

Thank you. Much appreciated.

I will likely still be around checking from time to time on City news as I was for some years before Covid. Just do not post on that subject as I have no real expertise.

Not that I had any with Covid either. I just stumbled into it really when Gelson's Dad disappeared here as I was following his posts and I have a small background in science and was offered a place at university long ago but it competed wth a boyfriend and he won.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.