Coronavirus (2022) thread

3 days in and it feels like a bad cold. Does it get worse before it gets better?
It didn't for my wife and youngest, who both have been feeling sick for a week. They started feeling bad last Thurs, tested positive Saturday, and their worst day was Sunday, so 3-4 days after feeling sick and the day after testing +.

They are far better today (Weds) -- nearly normal, though still testing faintly positive on the test. I didn't actually know the line on the test is stronger or weaker depending on where in the "process" one is.

Wife has four shots and daughter (16) has 3. Both have cough and are tired with a little headache but no fever and no taste/smell loss. Just a bad cold. It's down to just a cough now.

Oddly neither I nor my oldest got it. They were in France right before they started feeling bad and me and the older kid were in the UK. Somehow they tested negative pre-flight (requirement to enter the US still) so they are wondering if maybe they caught it on the plane home. And me and the oldest were out of town when they tested so we may have missed the incubation period. We've just opened the windows all week and are all wearing masks and not getting too close.

Neither of them felt as lousy as I did four weeks ago when I had a monster cold but not COVID. That cold took two weeks to ease up and I'm STILL feeling it.

Last edited:
Avoided it until what I probably think was wembley on Saturday, woke up with a sore throat so did a test, looks like no footy for me on Saturday.

3 days in and it feels like a bad cold. Does it get worse before it gets better?
I had it (again) a couple of weeks ago and suspect i'd had it for a week before ( mild runny nose sore throat symptoms). At its worst I just had a constant headache and tiredness. Taste and smell went for a few days. Other than that fine, but still feel knackered all the time, and the headache tends to come and go still.

I had it (again) a couple of weeks ago and suspect i'd had it for a week before ( mild runny nose sore throat symptoms). At its worst I just had a constant headache and tiredness. Taste and smell went for a few days. Other than that fine, but still feel knackered all the time, and the headache tends to come and go still.

I've had exactly these symptoms last couple of weeks but tested negative. No-one else in the house got whatever it was. So not sure.

Not sure viruses are much bothered about word games.

Any road, just FYI, here's the current definition of "fully vaccinated" I recently came across traveling to France. From the Eurostar website.

View attachment 40873

I get your drift bud, I'm not anti vax, I've had 2 jabs and personally I just don't want the 3rd jab - will of course have it if it's necessarily required.

I get your drift bud, I'm not anti vax, I've had 2 jabs and personally I just don't want the 3rd jab - will of course have it if it's necessarily required.

It's up to you.

Double jabbed isn't generally regarded as fully vaxxed.

Vax effect fades over time, booster makes it less likely you'll personally end up in hospital and boosting the whole population reduces the huge impact covid is having on the health service.

No idea why you wouldn't want a booster in those circumstances, but it's your decision (unless you want to go to France, of course, & maybe other countries, I'm not up to speed on general requirements).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.