Pep's contract situation

Still flapping about this. Tolmie mentioning Enrique as possible contingency is more worrisome.

How do we follow Pep? Surely Enrique wouldn’t be the answer.

On the other hand he teases a ten year stay and 93.20 says that will be confirmed.

Either way… Won’t be great having this speculation all season either!
Enrique style of management is similar to the way we play now and would be a fine choice IMO.

If you read the matchday thread there seems to be a lot of City fans who are hoping the answer is ”never” although no alternative is ever put forward other than offering their own services as Chief Substitutions Advisor (CSA)

Don’t get me wrong these posters are invaluable in their ability to predict the next City player to smash the ball into the back of the net by insisting that Pep should immediately remove the soon to be goalscorer.

They are also crucial in pinpointing the players who should “never play for City again” Some people might think that this is not based on fact and is merely that a poster dislikes a particular player, but this is not true. In the last few games the whole squad has been recommended as “useless” albeit on an individual basis.

If I could make one suggestion it would be that these predictive posters stick around after City have won to explain their earlier thoughts and conclusions. Leaving the thread after a victory robs other posters of the opportunity to congratulate them and gain an insight into their thinking.

I myself sometimes follow the postings of the sage predictors and I am able to build up a picture of exactly how we are playing. However when I review the match myself I cannot seem to find the multitude of poor performances or the barrage of shots on our goal. I need help reconciling the performance I am watching to the CSA analysis.

I think therefore, for BM to be inclusive, the thread title should be changed to “When will Pep finally piss off?”

Last edited:
Peps has got to stay, I'd rather lose the whole squad than lose the genius.

Even if we fail to get the title, he just has to stay.

Life without him will be tough and I can see us having to go a couple of years without any real success. He's almost irreplaceable.

Pep's as important as Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.