Gundogan contract situation

Should we offer him an extension beyond 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has muscled in on his patch, he was bound not to be happy

Hes been brilliant for us, a huge loss in midfield.

He has been,but he can be replaced.

He would struggle next season as the signs were evident in his last few games where he has looked like he has been running in treacle for much of his time.Knowing when to replace is vital,and the time is right.

We have made that mistake with not finding Dinho's and previously Aguero's.

Why is this being treated as a fact? Looks like a standard rumour to me until he or City say otherwise unless I've missed something.

Can't see the benefit of letting him go this summer, we're already a man light in midfield, Fernandinho needs replacing too, gundogan going would leave us with 3 midfielders in total, foden is the only player in our squad even remotely close to being trusted in the middle and he's still a bit away in my eyes.

Bringing in 2 midfielders minimum who will need 12 months to settle puts a lot of strain on our current three, one of which generally has several injuries a season in kdb and another in Bernardo isn't even guaranteed to be staying yet himself.

Would be a huge loss, nobody else gives us the tempo and control in the game like him. Unless we can get a seriously good fee for him it would make far more sense to get a final year out of him giving us time to integrate dinho's replacement into midfield and get foden ready which then gives his eventual replacement more leeway to settle the season after.

Fantastic player for us and a great professional.
This looks like the club doing the right thing for him, he's clever enough to realise that there's a refresh happening and he'll probably play less next year.
Doing it this way gives him a great opportunity to get a good contract in Spain or Italy to play out the last few seasons of his career. A better climate and less physical league will be better for him with his back issues.
One of my favourite players ever, never gave less than 100%.
Would love to see him back as a coach in the future, superb football brain in there I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.