Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake midfield type signing
Fantastic.

Aké is criminally underrated IMO. If not for Aké we don't win the league last year.

Nathan put in individual performances last year as good as, if not better, any of our other CBs did.
Most notably in the league away vs Arsenal, Leeds and Burnley as well as Atletico at home in the CL.

If Phillips can be a reliable back-up player, a positive dressing room influence and pull out a handful of worldy performances when needed (like Aké) then we've bought exactly the player we want.

I am delighted we have signed another DM as it was definitely an area we needed to reinforce.

i confess I’m a bit baffled why a full international would choose to come in as back up to Rodri.

I’m assuming they will share starting duties and occasionally we will start with both of them.

Now, get a left back signed.
Probably ends up getting a fair bit of playing time all said and done. And maybe the more obvious and possibly simpler answer is the club gets more attractive to play for by the year. Credit to them. Pull is getting stronger and stronger.

Probably ends up getting a fair bit of playing time all said and done. And maybe the more obvious and possibly simpler answer is the club gets more attractive to play for by the year. Credit to them. Pull is getting stronger and stronger.
There’s no doubt about that. Our squad is starting to look scary good.

I confess I’m a bit baffled why a full international would choose to come in as back up to Rodri.
"a full international"

Scott Carson is a full international. So is Nathan Aké, so is Zinchenko, Steffen, Jesus etc. Eric García was a full international when he was here. So were Aro Murić and Bersant Celina.

In fact the only players in the current squad who aren't full internationals are Cole Palmer and Kayky, who are both youth internationals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.