Riyad Mahrez reportedly in line for new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id sooner he be sold.

While he can have his moments of brilliance,just like Sterling,he's far too inconsistent and flaky.

When the chips are down....you dont look for/to Mahrez.
If you get a player that is on all the time certainly such player would never accept a backup role. Mahrez is on the verge of becoming a backup. As talented as you can find in my opinion

I think there is a stigma attached to any player aged 30 or over that they are finished. Mahrez (like Salah) looks like someone who could easily play another 3 years at the level required at City. Like many who join he had a difficult first year but he’s now one of our most important players. It’s one thing having the majority of the squad in their thirties, but we don’t. This is a good move and I’d be delighted if it happens.
More so than Salah even. Mahrez greatest skill is his touch. Silky smooth. You don't lose that with age.

Mahrez’s Goal and assist output per 90 mins was 0.96 in the league last season.

Sterling 0.76
Jesus 0.77
Padded out a little last year due his taking a few penalty’s.

I’ll give you three numbers which maybe signal why no other clubs have shown interest:

More so than Salah even. Mahrez greatest skill is his touch. Silky smooth. You don't lose that with age.
But he’s (Mahrez) got no pace at all and will be even slower each year. He would be one of the slowest in our squad. It may not be an issue if he was playing in the David Silva mould, or Gundo type role, but he’s never done that for us and plays out wide, where I think you really do need pace.

I think we can get more from him, I just hope we get it. Quite happy for him to get a contract, with his build, lifestyle and style of play (which I think is showing signs of maturing well) he should still have plenty left in the tank (at what age did robben and ribery stop performing at the top level?). I'm kinda hopeful the best is still yet to come from him at this stage

Padded out a little last year due his taking a few penalty’s.

I’ll give you three numbers which maybe signal why no other clubs have shown interest:
I guess Sterling may have made his xG worse by taking a few too.

Sterling wants about twice the money Mahrez does, with less output. There’s a reason the queue of clubs lining him up is 1 deep.

Jesus works hard and you can rely on him in big games defensively. He’s not a clinical forward. Even he doesn’t know what his best role is. He also doesn’t understand the offside rule.

Pep trophies -33
Cambo - 0

But he’s (Mahrez) got no pace at all and will be even slower each year. He would be one of the slowest in our squad. It may not be an issue if he was playing in the David Silva mould, or Gundo type role, but he’s never done that for us and plays out wide, where I think you really do need pace.

He manages to beat defenders for fun just fine without pace. The number he has put on their arse in the box. I hate this obsession some on the board have about pace. His game has never been about pace and never will be.

He manages to beat defenders for fun just fine without pace. The number he has put on their arse in the box. I hate this obsession some on the board have about pace. His game has never been about pace and never will be.
Some people seem to be hypnotised by pace. It’s almost irrelevant agains low blocks.

There’s a reason Adama Traore will never play for us.

Some people seem to be hypnotised by pace. It’s almost irrelevant agains low blocks.

There’s a reason Adama Traore will never play for us.

I’m convinced they’re all FIFA players. On that game pace gives you a big advantage so they think that translates to actual football. Very naive view of the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.