Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Not sure why we were playing such a high line against a speedy counter attacking side.
Indeed, some of it was ridiculous, they could have scored on 2 or 3 others on similar counters, in the second half we seemed to temper it, and they lost any great threat.

We continually get done by goals like that sadly, it's risk v reward, but against certain times it needs chilling a bit (see second half).

We played some great attacking football first half, but if you don't score that will happen. We seemed to dig in a bit more after half time, and ended up fully deserving our win.

Wow. What mentality monsters. They are not faultless but feck me, how many times did a Pep Man. City 11 came back in the most spectacular way?!

We ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY deserved the 3 points. Despite shamelessly parking a double decker buss by the hometeam, and letting us do all the work. And the ref on their side as well.
I do respect Eddie Howe as a manager. But I don’t respect the way he set up his (anti) tactics. Best homerecord so far? We destroyed it in play and result.

This was City. Never give up. Brilliant. What a team.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.