PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'll take you at face value and believe you're a Wrexham fan. I like the story there and from what I can see there is definitely a lot of jealousy and resentment. It's strange that Salford City don't seem to get the same shite - however, we all know why.

As for us, well you need to remember that this site isn't representative of all Blues. I've seen opinions on here that I've never heard at a match. I'm not sure there's a huge conspiracy against us in the PL, but I do think there's undue influence from a number of clubs and I genuinely believe the biggest danger to the game in this country are the American owners in the PL.

I think the punishments handed out aren't doing the league any good.

**** with rag hat noticed my city scarf ..
rag- you are a cheat
me - i didn’t know your wife was married
rag- no it’s about 115 charges
me- i paid her 115 plus tips

walks off and give me finger from far away.
Bye ****
lmao love it haha

I am at a loss, not difficult I know, but if these are such bad rules why don't all the other clubs gang up and change them? After all the PL is just the clubs getting together. Everyone knows what is going on so why not vote the cartel out of office?
It takes 14 votes to change the rules mate. Way too many vested interests to change the rules, especially at this time.

I’ve bored people to tears I’m sure already but my position has always been that Lewis and his colleagues must have believed they have something new and completing to offer to advise the PL to move forward. While I accept humans can be prone to hubris, I struggle to believe that he is throwing his reputation on the line for a chance to rerun the UEFA case, especially as he really doesn’t need the case.

Again, maybe boring people but I just don’t believe the PL advanced due to pressure from other clubs, albeit I’m sure it played a part. For me it’s most likely that this case was a desperate last ditch attempt to try and stall (with the dream of killing) an independent regulator coming in and risking their cash cow.

Ive thought for a while that PSR at least in its current form was not long for this world - the landscape has just changed too much since it was implemented. A not guilty verdict probably pushes it over the edge to a reformed set of rules, perhaps along the lines of L1/L2 whereby you have strict wages vs turnover rules and profit targets, but owners can invest as ‘turnover’ so long as the money is converted to equity. Certainly many of those who supported PSR initially would have your arm off to be free of it now.

Just two comments.

First, I think it more likely the pressure on the PL came when the leaks came out. Pressure to start the investigation. Once started, the PL has had to see it through to the end and, if they haven't seen the evidence to counter their allegations, then they have to refer at some point.

Second, I am still struggling to see how the PL would think referring City to an IP for such serious charges and giving two other clubs points deductions (one twice) is going to stave off an IR. It has been a complete shit-show which just proves the exact opposite. I get the timing, and the apparently rushed nature of the City referral, but even so. Maybe I am giving the PL too much credit and they really are that stupid.

Personally, I think the whole thing is an inevitable consequence of how the investigation was started, and how the club has handled the process to a situation it is happy with.

Just two comments.

First, I think it more likely the pressure on the PL came when the leaks came out. Pressure to start the investigation. Once started, the PL has had to see it through to the end and, if they haven't seen the evidence to counter their allegations, then they have to refer at some point.

Second, I am still struggling to see how the PL would think referring City to an IP for such serious charges and giving two other clubs points deductions (one twice) is going to stave off an IR. It has been a complete shit-show which just proves the exact opposite. I get the timing, and the apparently rushed nature of the City referral, but even so. Maybe I am giving the PL too much credit and they really are that stupid.

Personally, I think the whole thing is an inevitable consequence of how the investigation was started, and how the club has handled the process to a situation it is happy with.
Is that not 3 comments?

Just two comments.

I’ve often seen that the perfect cover for corruption is incompetence & yet we are told ignorance of law breaking is no excuse.

Just like UEFA the premier league was leaking & using the media to reduce the opportunity of a fair investigation.

The idea of ensuring clubs don't go bust is a sound one. But the rules don't do that and it was never about that in the first place. It was a great marketing ploy to bring in rules that helped those clubs with high existing revenue to remain ahead of the rest.

Clubs like Everton probably felt they protected their league position with the rules as well, not foreseeing the number of new owners that would be attracted to the cash cow over the following decade.

They've been poorly run but a points deduction is much more likely to contribute to the football club going bust than them spending their owners money.

Whilst the red shirts spiral into debt with no punishment, a club with all the money of Newcastle and no risk of going bust is the one restricted. Mental.

In theory Newcastle could buy a squad of 22 Mbappes and Haalands at £200m each and pay them £1m a week for 10 years at a total cost of £12.5b. They could then do it again a further 24 times before they would start to feel the pinch and yet the current PSR is forcing them to sell to avoid failing the spending regulations.

My proposal would be that teams are limited to a maximum net spend over 3 years rather than limiting losses over 3 years. If it is set at say £500m for clubs with established owners who have been there for a set period and maybe £750m for the first 3 years for new ambitious owner.

It would allow for the transfer market to remain fluid and limit transfer spending at the same time.

With the growing realisation of what City have been saying for 16 years, it seems the rest of the PL are slowly beginning to wake up.

PSR just like FFP isn't about debt. It's just an evolution of the plan the G14 & Spuds put in place to ensure they could never be challenged.

I can see a day where the Red Top Mafia & Spuds fuck off to the ESL, but are replaced by the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Villa & Everton at the top of English football alongside Manchester City.

If the PL's riches keep rolling in, it'll recover in time & continue to flourish to the point where the ESL is essentially 16 teams playing each other 4 times a season.

Fans will soon get bored shitless, & with increased association competition, neither UEFA or the ESL will want to stifle their leagues by strangling investment & innovation.

They'll want the biggest stars, attracting the biggest stadium & TV audiences.
Not having the red mafia in the prem would be a risk but it would be attractive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.