PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Agree with you on Ceferin / UEFA but if you permit me to swim against the tide, I don't agree about FFP. This is a sport after all and it shouldn't just be the team with the most money winning everything (yes I know 'twas ever thus and that, at the moment, we have the "most" money).

The trick is balancing competition and sporting "hope" with sustainability, community asset protection and financial responsibility. It's a tremendously difficult issue and, personally, I have no answer. Except that there must be one :)

For me the fundamental issue with FFP or any financial controls is that if we have decided that money is the biggest factor in success, how can we accept a league where some teams have 10x the revenue and spending of others and pretend they are competitors?

How can it be “financial doping” - cheating - for Luton to spend as much as Arsenal of their owner decides he wants to?

It’s pretty clear that if you want parity on the pitch, you have to adopt a US system with revenue sharing and both minimum and maximum spending limits on squads.

The version of FFP we’ve been given is like playing snakes and ladders, but half way through the game the person at the front says “let’s get rid of some of the snakes, but also we’re getting rid of all the ladders”. Good luck catching up.

Let’s get it right
Jordan had changed his time since Stefan went into talksport a as max schooled him.

His backtracking is in full motion.
Now all of a sudden he thinks a back room deal will be done…..
what he means is basically that we will be cleared and his response can’t be that he was totally wrong so he will do what the I’ll educated rags and dippers on Twitter do - he will claim conspiracy

For the record if any deals get made it’s quite clearly because the premier league can win their case
Was this today ? Jordan seemed full pelt on us having a case to answer as recent as yesterday. Has he had another backtrack ?

For me the fundamental issue with FFP or any financial controls is that if we have decided that money is the biggest factor in success, how can we accept a league where some teams have 10x the revenue and spending of others and pretend they are competitors?

How can it be “financial doping” - cheating - for Luton to spend as much as Arsenal of their owner decides he wants to?

It’s pretty clear that if you want parity on the pitch, you have to adopt a US system with revenue sharing and both minimum and maximum spending limits on squads.

The version of FFP we’ve been given is like playing snakes and ladders, but half way through the game the person at the front says “let’s get rid of some of the snakes, but also we’re getting rid of all the ladders”. Good luck catching up.

FFP brought in by the red shirts and the yanks because they know over time fans will be the sheep and you can read it see all now from fans saying PSR ffp next will be more of American type rules! Drip drip drip works!

No other industry I know of places restrictions on self financed owner spending.

Self made successful builder uses overdraft to buy development land to build out and become more successful employing more labour.

His Federation doesn’t prevent him !!

A revolution is coming,started by CITY & I like it .
I don't think that analogy is accurate. the builder you describe is only in it to make profit and earn a living, however If the same builder was in it to win a 9 month competition with agreed rules against 19 other builders to see who could build the most houses that would be more accurate. (not withstanding that 3 or 4 in the competition were trying hard to change said rules so only they could win it every year)
That Said FFP was and is a crock of shit, even if the club who now benefits from it the most is now us as we have reached the top.

I believe changes will have to come now and Newcastle have the most to gain from ones that allow more spending. An announcement that the Barcodes are making a legal challenge to FFP coming soon you saw it here 1st.

What all these clubs signed up for with FFP is being the whipping boys for the established elite.

Never again will there be a blackburn, chelsea or manchester city fairy tale.

And under these rules there would never have been a liverpool fairy tale (moors family) , a united fairly tale(various sugar daddys), an arsenal fairytale (buying half the huddersfield team and poaching their manager) , an everton fairytale (moores family again) etc etc etc

I respect your views but no business should be stopped from investing.

I would be more than happy to see some sort of wage cap in terms of percentage of turnover, players wages are out of hand and need sorting.
I disagree. Who should reap the rewards of the onfield success? Players & coaches or just the billionaire owners?

You are talking like a Yank owner, salivating over a salary & transfer cap, so THEY can bank more, rather than those sacrificing their bodies for it!

Let’s get it right
Jordan had changed his time since Stefan went into talksport a as max schooled him.

His backtracking is in full motion.
Now all of a sudden he thinks a back room deal will be done…..
what he means is basically that we will be cleared and his response can’t be that he was totally wrong so he will do what the I’ll educated rags and dippers on Twitter do - he will claim conspiracy

For the record if any deals get made it’s quite clearly because the premier league can win their case
I agree it's obvious he's setting himself up not to be wrong this whole time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.