PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The twattiest thing out of all this is that most, if not all, of this nations media, reporters, pundits etc are hiding their jealousy, their childish petty jealousy, of City behind these accusations. Even the likes of Winter, or Simon Stones, the best reporters are playing that childish game.
Simon Stones in a sentence ‘with the best reporters?’ Doesn’t add up for me… aside from that you’re right, very petty, bitchy, and pathetic…

Layman question and one that I'm sure will have been asked and answered.
If the PL amateur panel punish us - I know there's no appeal process - but if we are absolutely adamant they are wrong and the finding is unjust and without evidence - can we sue for defamation and reputational damage that such a finding and the months of conjecture will have caused? In effect we take it into a legal sphere.
There is an appeal process but still a panel within PL structure...

AFAIK we cannot appeal to CAS like vs UEFA.

The point is, and it has been laboured many times. No matter who is on the panel, it's still a football industry based panel attempting to get involved in SERIOUS financial and legal matters it has no place being involved in. If they think we have commited fraud (although they're too scared to mention the F word), then it should be they who call in the relevant authorises and law enforcement agencies. The fact they haven't speaks volumes.
Tried having this conversation with a rag the other day. He was giving it the big one.

I asked him "go on then what have we apparently commited"

He spouted off "fraud, disguised sponsorships, back handers" etc...

I then said "why haven't the authorities like Inland revenue, Police and other government officials been notified if it's as serious as what you are saying"?

His response "its got nowt do with them" ..

I walked off shaking my head.

Premier League.." yes hello is it possible to speak to a Mr Sheikh Mansour "

Sheikh Mansour's office.." he's busy at the minute, can I take a message"

Premier League.." yes...erm....could you tell him that we think he's fiddling figures, lying about sponsors and inflating deals .."

Sheikh Mansour's office.."Sorry?? Do you want me to ask friend of the royals, deputy prime minister of Abu Dhabi and highly respected businessman worldwide if he's a crook, committed crime and is part of a conspiracy...?"

Premier league.."...(gulp) erm....erm.......(clunk....(sound of phonecall being ended..)....".

You're forgetting that every transaction involved will have been audited at some point or other by approved external auditors. As much as the media will have you think, we aren't opperated like some shady cash only backstreet shop

No were not operated like that, but it's fundamental to the never ending smear campaign that lies like that are repeated...

the reality is somewhat different...

e.g. From the MCFC Annual Report (2010-2011) [1], the Auditors BDO [2] stated this :-

"Opinion on financial statements

In our opinion the financial statements:

Give a true and fair view of the state of the Group’s and the Company’s affairs as at 31 May 2011 and of the Group’s loss for the year then ended;
Have been properly prepared in accordance with United Kingdom Generally Accepted Accounting Practice;
Have been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006."

So the PL are implicitly accusing BDO (world renowed auditors) of being either incompetent or complicit in false accounting. In addition they are implicitly accusing Etihad Airways accountants (KPMG and Deloitte) of being either incompetent or complicit in false accounting.

Refs

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.