PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Maybe another stupid question but can’t we just show them what we have and then it won’t have to go to the courts?
It's not like we're sat on some magical gotcha piece of evidence and are not giving it them out of spite. All we are doing is saying, we've already submitted everything they could possibly want to see to the relevant authories, as such we aren't giving them anything more, nor allowing them to root through our entire internal email system for more ammunition.

Maybe another stupid question but can’t we just show them what we have and then it won’t have to go to the courts?

It's not a court matter - this is the PL investigating whether the rules have been broken or not.

I think it essentially goes:
  1. City provide accounting details
  2. PL assess them and decide that there are some breaches/anomalies.
  3. There's a lot of toing and froing (this is in court) over how far PL rules can demand information.
  4. PL charge City with breaking rules for multiple things.
  5. Independent panel is convened to review the charges and City's explanation.

An important thing (to my understanding of what has been said - others may correct this) is that this may not be binary yes/no. The club may say "we did X because of Y" and then there is a discussion within the panel over whether the reasoning stands up, and how important each incident identified is.

This is the same argument that Carragher has said.

Our evidence is our published accounts.

We don't have to do anything else as we're innocent until proven otherwise.

It's for the PL and their barristers to show what evidence they have they says our accounts are false.
Carragher ?

There's no avoiding it any longer, if you want to know what all this shite is about you can see every one of our accounts from the time of the ADUG purchase to the present day.

Its interesting to see how far the club has evolved and how the incremental financial improvements were achieved year after year.

So from the 2009/2010 Annual Report, ie the first year that the PL charges relate to, you can see below the clubs open and transparent objectives re sponsorships, nb "sponsors" and "partners" are used interchangeably in the reports.

"We are already seeing signs of progress, with the Club’s performance for 2009-10 improving in all of our primary revenue generating activities.
Corporate partnership has been a particularly strong area, with new partnership agreements signed with Etihad Airways, Umbro, Ferrostaal,
Etisalat, the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and Aabar during the 2009-10 financial year. Combined with the new partnership agreements signed since the 2009-10 financial year ended with companies such as Thomas Cook Sport, Jaguar Land Rover, Heineken, Malmaison and a renewal of our agreement with Key 103, we view this growing demand for closer involvement with the Club as an endorsement of our unique partnership offering and ambitious vision for the future"

Notice how nobody has ever besmirched or smeared the partnerships with any of the other partners, you know all the ones from the non Arab companies, no never once, only those from the dodgy Middle East. Its absolutely disgusting the way these attacks have been framed. The next time I see that "No Room for Racism" UEFA hypocritical bull shit at our stadium I think my melon may explode.

If anyone has the time or inclination to get stuck in please could they answer this. If our Financial Reports are so fundamentally flawed why don't some of the so called experts explain precisely why/how and in detail they are so deficient say compared to three other clubs eg MUFC, AFC, LFC just for example.

Which bit? The bit where you think we should all report our own club to the police for fraud or the bit where we should all write to our MP's (mine is an MSP so I'd love to see their reaction), although I'm slightly confused as to what we're supposed to tell them.
If you re read it I say that we have two options speak to the police or our MPs the former is stupid could back fire but it makes my point Re the affective accusations of crime but no actual accusation of a crime and no actual investigation.

I think MPs would be interested in a billion pound business (premier league) accusing a member near billion pound business of crime and affectively perusing a private prosecution (like post office without sufficient evidence and taking ages and ages two do it and besmearing of name in the process) plus they should be interested in any potential tax issues that may or may not arise from any alleged wrong doing plus any negative consequences for the premier league brand or the UAE a key Allie

There's no avoiding it any longer, if you want to know what all this shite is about you can see every one of our accounts from the time of the ADUG purchase to the present day.

Its interesting to see how far the club has evolved and how the incremental financial improvements were achieved year after year.

So from the 2009/2010 Annual Report, ie the first year that the PL charges relate to, you can see below the clubs open and transparent objectives re sponsorships, nb "sponsors" and "partners" are used interchangeably in the reports.

"We are already seeing signs of progress, with the Club’s performance for 2009-10 improving in all of our primary revenue generating activities.
Corporate partnership has been a particularly strong area, with new partnership agreements signed with Etihad Airways, Umbro, Ferrostaal,
Etisalat, the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and Aabar during the 2009-10 financial year. Combined with the new partnership agreements signed since the 2009-10 financial year ended with companies such as Thomas Cook Sport, Jaguar Land Rover, Heineken, Malmaison and a renewal of our agreement with Key 103, we view this growing demand for closer involvement with the Club as an endorsement of our unique partnership offering and ambitious vision for the future"

Notice how nobody has ever besmirched or smeared the partnerships with any of the other partners, you know all the ones from the non Arab companies, no never once, only those from the dodgy Middle East. Its absolutely disgusting the way these attacks have been framed. The next time I see that "No Room for Racism" UEFA hypocritical bull shit at our stadium I think my melon may explode.

If anyone has the time or inclination to get stuck in please could they answer this. If our Financial Reports are so fundamentally flawed why don't some of the so called experts explain precisely why/how and in detail they are so deficient say compared to three other clubs eg MUFC, AFC, LFC just for example.

That’s not really the allegation, the Etihad numbers for example that we received are exactly what was in the contract. The issue, at least for Uefa’s case, was who was paying for them.

It’s difficult to know with the PL charges as they haven’t shared their argument and reasoning.

Layman question and one that I'm sure will have been asked and answered.
If the PL amateur panel punish us - I know there's no appeal process - well, none worthy of the name, - but if we are absolutely adamant they are wrong and the finding is unjust and without evidence - can we sue for defamation and reputational damage that such a finding and the months of conjecture will have caused? In effect we take it into a legal sphere.

Last edited:
The twattiest thing out of all this is that most, if not all, of this nations media, reporters, pundits etc are hiding their jealousy, their childish petty jealousy, of City behind these accusations. Even the likes of Winter, or Simon Stones, the best reporters are playing that childish game.

The twattiest thing out of all this is that most, if not all, of this nations media, reporters, pundits etc are hiding their jealousy, their childish petty jealousy, of City behind these accusations. Even the likes of Winter, or Simon Stones, the best reporters are playing that childish game.
Simon Stones in a sentence ‘with the best reporters?’ Doesn’t add up for me… aside from that you’re right, very petty, bitchy, and pathetic…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.