Match Thread | Man City vs. Chelsea (17/02/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Foden is stuck on the right again due to Alvarez being an undisputed starter for whatever reason.

I actually get Alvarez starting because it makes sense in a game where you need men in and around the box, but I just think we expected Chelsea to play a bit lower, they're pressing quite a lot higher than I've seen them do previously. On that basis we need more bodies to evade the press, at the moment we're turning it over too frequently.

Our defending as a while has been head scratching all season.

We concede a goal to a near carbon copy of a chance (Jackson) and similar to Isaak at Newcastle. We just don't learn. Don't know if it's a complacency issue or an ego issue, where defenders just think the attacker's will pull em out the shit all the time.

Can't see us scoring today. Especially now they've gone in front.
Our defending could well cost us the title

Alvarez... What's the point? Ineffective again.
Doku, too predictable and doesn't work hard enough defensively .
Akanji in Stones role... It just doesn't work.

Time for Oscar Bobb, Bernardo, and Johnny Stones.

Sooner rather than later please Pep.

PS... Haaland's playing like has a head shaped like a sheriff's badge.
Problem is they are set up very well - and very competitive and quick to challenge - so there isn’t the space easily available.
Some of the criticism of our slow pace … it’s because there isn’t always a clear pass on - if there was, we’d make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.