United Thread - 2023/24

So Scruffy Jim, the "billionaire" benevolent charitable saviour of Trafford United has plans to build a New Trafford stadium.
But not with his money.
Not with Utd's money (or new debt)
He wants public money.
That's my money, your money, but not his money - Brexiteer Jim lives in Monaco, relocating officially just 4 years ago and he is estimated to have saved £4 billion in tax as a result.

Includes the killer line: "The people in the north pay their taxes just as the people in the south."
(Perhaps he means the north of Monaco just as much as the south of Monaco).
"I think, as part of a regeneration project, there has to be a conversation with the national government.
The north deserves some thought as well as the south, I think, if it is a national stadium."

He's claiming that New Trafford should be seen as a new "national stadium" as a catalyst for northern regeneration.
What would his 90,000 capacity stadium cost? Let's speculate a billion.
So he could move back to the UK, repay the tax he's avoided and he'd still be billions in credit.

If the so-called "Theatre of Dreams" gets demolished, then I want first class seats to see it happen, as long as it's a controlled explosion.

Will be more glorious that way and the worse ground I've ever been to.
With Greenwood back it should be renamed the “theatre of screams”!

Ratty names Man City as the model to surpass

When they played Real Madrid at home and won 4-1 last season that was the best football I have ever seen.

If we can ever get to that point it would be a great achievement for Man Utd. They have the right people in the organisation and they win football matches. In the north west we have two neighbours who are really impressive football clubs.

I am on exactly the same page as Alex Ferguson, I want to knock them all off their perch. Alex was a very driven individual. We are friends in the sense we’re all in the north west but they are our biggest enemies. They are clearly our biggest competitors in the UK. Absolutely, that’s what we’re there for.

A long way behind. We are. It’s not going to change tomorrow. People unfortunately need to give us time to get back. It will be two to three seasons, I think it would be silly to think by next season. It takes time. Patience is needed. We need to walk to the right solutions not run to the wrong solutions. Spending money lavishly in the summer is not the solution, much more complicated than that.

So Sir Jim wants to knock us off our perch?

How’s he going to do that when we have the best manager and attract the best players in the world?

What’s this ****’s master plan then? Can’t wait to see how this turns out. What a gobshite twat this fuckhead is.
What a fucking tosser, the tax-dodging twat is.

As I’ve said before, with a surname that starts with Rat, he’s perfect for the swamp.

Unfortunately United were never going to be shit forever, and whilst it will take a number of years to challenge City again, all this talk of a new stadium is a shame. Old Trafford my be the largest club ground in the country, but it's fucking shite. Ratcliffe may be the latest incumbent prick (albeit minority), but he's a serious operator and the fuckers are going to end up with a brand new state of the art 90,000 capacity stadium that the media will fawn over for years to come!!

(And the annoying travel to Wembley for semi-finals will be replaced by a trip to the rags lovely ground instead!)

How inspiring must it be as fan to see your white knight ride into the club, jump off the horse and break out the begging bowl for contribution's to the cause? This is the play from a supporters trust buy out of a level 9 club in the pyramid that's been mismanaged not a large multi national. What's next? Buckets at games for fan contributions? Fair play to him for keeping a straight face while talking about the idea.
Also failed to mention this could potentially be the third time the public purse has been crowbarred open to fucking fund Old Scaffold............

Running away with himself already...

The Glazers don't want to build a new stadium... The scruffy Chelsea fan with his minority stake does.... I wonder who'll win out...

Unless of course he's just paying lip service to the plastic rags and media who are wanking themselves silly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.