United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the so-called "Theatre of Dreams" gets demolished, then I want first class seats to see it happen, as long as it's a controlled explosion.

Will be more glorious that way and the worse ground I've ever been to.

So Scruffy Jim, the "billionaire" benevolent charitable saviour of Trafford United has plans to build a New Trafford stadium.
But not with his money.
Not with Utd's money (or new debt)
He wants public money.
That's my money, your money, but not his money - Brexiteer Jim lives in Monaco, relocating officially just 4 years ago and he is estimated to have saved £4 billion in tax as a result.

Includes the killer line: "The people in the north pay their taxes just as the people in the south."
(Perhaps he means the north of Monaco just as much as the south of Monaco).
"I think, as part of a regeneration project, there has to be a conversation with the national government.
The north deserves some thought as well as the south, I think, if it is a national stadium."

He's claiming that New Trafford should be seen as a new "national stadium" as a catalyst for northern regeneration.
What would his 90,000 capacity stadium cost? Let's speculate a billion.
So he could move back to the UK, repay the tax he's avoided and he'd still be billions in credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.